|This page has been blanked as a courtesy.|
Click on edit to see the original text.
|This article appears to be written like an advertisement. Please help improve it by rewriting promotional content from a neutral point of view and removing any inappropriate external links. (November 2012)|
Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (IPM&R) Khyber Medical University is the only institute in Public sector in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa which offers five years (ten Semesters) Doctor of Physiotherapy course.
Its existence can be correlated with the earthquake which occurred in October 2005 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and some districts of Azad Jammu and Kashmir in Pakistan and lead to mass destruction of human lives. More than seven hundred of the earthquake victim became either paraplegic or quadriplegic. This increased demand of qualified physiotherapist in the province as well as in Azad Jammu & Kashmir.
Khyber Medical University took a bold step and established IPM&R to produce qualified physiotherapist in the province. The course was started on 12 January 2009 headed by pioneer physiotherapist of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Mr. Muhammad Ibrahim Farooqi.
- Muhammad Ibrahim Farooqi (Director/Principal KMU institute ofPhysiotherapy), BSPT (Karachi University), MPPS (Pakistan), SRPT (UK), PRMC (London), ORCP (Ireland), PRPN (England)
- Muhammad Bin Afsar Jan (Assistant Professor) BSPT (Pak), MPPS (Pak), MSPT (Aus),MAPA (Australia), MNPA (New Zealand)
- Haider Darain (Lecturer) BSPT (Karachi University) MSc Health & Physical Education (Karachi University), PhD (continue from Queen Margaret University, Scotland UK)
- Sajida Mazhar (Lecturer Physiotherapy) BSPT, MS (Physiotherapy) Karachi University, MPPS (Pakistan)
- Danish Ali Khan (Lecturer) BSPT, MSPT (Ziauddin University karachi), PPDPT, PGDSM (Pakistan)
- Khyber Medical College, Peshawar.
- Khyber Girls Medical College, Peshawar.
- Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lady Reading Hospital (LRH)
- Postgraduate Medical Institute, Khyber Teaching Hospital (KTH)
- Postgraduate Medical Institute, Hayatabad Medical Complex (HMC)
Admission will be open to both male and female candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (FSc Pre-medical) or possessing an equivalent qualification from a recognized board.
Examination test weighting
- Adjusted marks in F.Sc or Equivalent examination 50%
- Entrance test marks 40%
- Marks obtained in S.S.C 10%
- A Candidate has obtained marks:
- Adjusted for F.Sc marks or equivalent level marks 870/1100 or 79.1%
- Entrance Test Marks 460/800 or 57.5%
- S.S.C or Equivalent qualification 650/850 or 76.5
- His/ Her Merit will be calculated as Follows
v % age mark Weightage = Weightage * Factor Marks
- Weightage for F.Sc = 79.1*0.5=39.55
- Weightage for Entrance Test = 57.5*0.4=23.00
- Weightage for S.S.C=76.5*.1= 7.65
Merit Score of the candidate = a+b+c =39.55+23.00+7.65= 70.2
Note: 10 marks will be deducted from F.Sc marks for each additional attempt
Fresh EATA will be considered for admission
Allocation of seats
- Open merit (KPK, FATA and PATA): 25 seats
These seats are open to applicants possessing valid domicile certificate for KPK, FATA and PATA.
- Balochistan: 1 seat
- Foreign/Afghan: 4 seats
If candidates from Balochistan and foreign countries do not fill all their reserved seats, the remaining vacant seats will be converted to open merit seats.
Learning Resource Center (LRC)
IPM&R has a well equipped learning resource center. It has twenty computers which is connected to internet service. HEC digital library is accessible to all students. It has a large variety of books related to physiotherapy. LRC can be used for individual reading purposes.
Students are facilitated by the Computer Lab Manager for preparing the assignment or any sort of work given by their teachers. LRC is used for conduction of workshop on research methodology too.
The presence of auditorium which has capacity of eighty five persons, has made IPM&R a busy learning center. Workshops on curriculum development, research methodology, medical writing SPPS are frequently conducted here. Auditorium is well equipped with all the facilities that are needed for workshops and seminars.
Development of professionalism and integrity.
- Capacity building of physiotherapists and other members of rehabilitation in the province by equipping them with updated knowledge and new skills.
- Advocacy regarding the physiotherapy in the province.
- Provision of opportunities to the students for research.
- Establishment of leading institute which will provide formal education at graduate and postgraduate level in physiotherapy.
The institute is a formal educational center to help the physiotherapist for planning and development of the profession and dissemination of all research work to other health professions, to health planners at all levels and to the general public. It is committed to leadership in physiotherapy through the provision of advocacy, professional development and career support services for its students.
|This Pakistan university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Hazrat Bilal Malakandi & Muhammad Nayab Ali (Pioneer Student)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.