The band played its first show in 2008 after releasing a seven-song demo tape, Blank Pages And Broken Glass. Following, Heartless recorded songs for a split with Irish hardcore band The Blind, for which a 7" was released on Suburban Mayhem Records. The band also self-released a 7" EP, recorded by Bill Korecky (Integrity, Earth Crisis) in Cleveland, Ohio. After contacting Southern Lord Records, the label released the band's debut LP, Hell Is Other People, in 2011.
The band has toured the US multiple times, most recently with labelmates Dead In The Dirt. Heartless is slated for its first European tour this October.
Heartless and Cleveland hardcore punk band Masakari have a close relationship, with current bassist Adam Thomas assuming bass duties for Masakari. Former Heartless guitarist Joe Yanick is also a founding member of Masakari. Yanick started with Heartless on bass, but later moved to guitar and eventually quit the band to focus on Masakari and other various side projects.
- Current members
- Cory Smith - vocals (2008-present)
- Rick Mauck - guitar (2009-present)
- Adam Thomas - bass (2009-present)
- Tom Moran - drums (2008-present)
- Former members
- Joe Yanick - guitar (2009), bass (2008)
- Gregg Harrington - guitar (2008-2009)
- Studio albums
- Hell Is Other People CD/LP (Southern Lord Records, 2011)
- Other releases
- Blank Pages And Broken Glass cassette (Self-released, 2008)
- Split 7" with The Blind (Suburban Mayhem Records, 2010)
- Heartles 7" (Self-released, 2010)
- Toxicbreed's Funhouse Covers Vol. 1 digital compliation (2012) (Heartless contributed a cover version of "Anthem Of The Undesirables" by His Hero Is Gone.)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Heartless (band), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.