|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2007)|
GEOCODE (Geospatial Entity Object Code) is a system that includes a patented geographic information transformation algorithm and a patented geospatial coordinate representation format. The standardized all-natural number representation format specification or geospatial coordinate, provides details of the exact location or geospatial point at, below, or above the surface of the earth at a specified moment of time.
Geocode is patented under US Patents 6,681,231, approved July 26, 2003, and 7,107,286, approved May 4, 2006. Geocode is also a registered US Federal trademark, US Registration Number 3182988, approved December 12, 2006.
Geocode is also a federally registered and copyrighted computer software program, US Registration Number TX-6-603-127, dated July 26, 1999.
A Geocode representation format is a combination of some or all of the following geospatial attributes:
- Geocode Format Registry Number,
- Local Time
- Global Time in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) Format
- Coordinate Reference System - (Coordinate Reference System Type Registry Number - IS0 19115)
- Geodetic Reference Ellipsoid, Registry Number, Geodetic Reference Datum Registry Number, Coordinate Format Registration Number - ISO 19145)
- Coordinate Sensor Accuracy for Latitude, Longitude and/or Altitude
- Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) Address or Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Address in Compressed, Uncompressed or Fully Uncompressed Decimal Format
- Other Geospatial Attributes
Mandatory attributes included in the Geocode representation format are Latitude or Longitude and other measurement representations. All other attributes are voluntary.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Geocode, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.