Gary C. Matzner is the co-founder and former mayor of the Village of Pinecrest, Florida. he is considered the "founding father of Pinecrest" and one of the main advocates for incorporation of the area. He was elected to a four-year term as mayor in November 2004. The Village of Pinecrest, Florida is located within Miami-Dade County. He rallied the community to save the former Parrot Jungle site which is now known as Pinecrest Gardens.
Gary Matzner is currently a partner in the firm Kopelowitz Ostrow, in the Miami Office. Gary Matzner was a shareholder in the law firm of Akerman Senterfitt in the firm's Miami office beginning in 2007. Prior to that, Matzner was of-counsel with the law firm of McDermott, Will & Emery from August 2002 to October 2007. From 1997 to July 2002 Gary was President of Nobel Heath Services, Inc. And from 1999 to 2001 Gary was the President of Oakridge Outpatient Center. Gary also served as a Director of EZCORP Inc. for 10 years. . Gary Matzner is recognized nationally as a health care lawyer, with experience in representing health care clients from not-for-profits and investor-owned public entities. He has worked with hospital and managed care merges and acquisitions, joint ventures, Medicare fraud and abuse issues, and HIPPA privacy related matters. He has served as a member of the Board of Governors of Big Brothers and Big Sisters. He is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association, American Bar Association and The Florida Bar. During his caree, he has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America, Leading Florida Attorneys, Top Lawyers in South florida, and in AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell 
Co-Founding of Village of Pinecrest
Mayor of Pinecrest 2004-2008
-Gary ran for Mayor of the Village of Pinecrest in 2004. On November 3, 2004 Gary Matzner takes the oath of office as the Village's second mayor.. -Acquisition of of Pinecrest Jungle -Wifi at Evelyn Greek Park (2005) -Presided over opening of 30,000-square-foot library and community center: "“I am most excited for it all to come together in one package,” said Matzner, who calls the park the “gem” of the village. “Particularly since we don’t have a downtown, this is our equivalent of our downtown.”  -First act as Mayor was to remove the $5 entrance fee to Pinecrest Gardens -Celebrated the 10th Anniversary of the Village's Founding March 18, 2006 -Presided over Flagler Grove Park ground-breaking and completion -Dedicates the Pinecrest Community Center at Pinecrest Gardens - May 31, 2008 -Dedicated the Pinecrest Branch of the Miami-Dade Public LIbrary System - October 29, 2008
- ↑ Past Mayors. Village of Pinecrest Government Website. Retrieved on 6/17/2012.
- ↑ Gary C. Matzner. KO Lawyers.
- ↑ Error on call to Template:cite web: Parameters url and title must be specified. Ezcorp.
- ↑ Error on call to Template:cite web: Parameters url and title must be specified. Executive Profile. Business Week. Retrieved on June 17, 2012.
- ↑ Error on call to Template:cite web: Parameters url and title must be specified. Martindale-Hubbell.
- ↑ Office of the Village Clerk. MILESTONES OF THE VILLAGE OF PINECREST. Village of Pinecrest. Retrieved on 6/12/2012.
- ↑ Error on call to Template:cite web: Parameters url and title must be specified. FIU.
- ↑ Fordyce, Kathleen. Best of Times Lie Ahead for Popular Park: Attendance is Up at Pinecrest Gardens, Despite Delayed Improvements and Additions Intended to Turn the Park into the Village’s `Downtown Source: redOrbit (http://s.tt/1eLWp). Miami Herald. Retrieved on 6/12/2012.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Gary C. Matzner, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.