The Ferrari SP12 EC is a one-off sports car built by Ferrari for singer Eric Clapton. Revealed in May 2012, and based on the Ferrari 458 Italia chassis, the SP12 EC's bodywork is based on that of the Ferrari 512 BB. Constructed as part of Ferrari's One-Off Programme, the SP12 EC was designed by Centro Stile in Maranello, in collaboration with the Pininfarina styling house. It utilises the mechanical components of the 458 Italia, including a 4.5-litre V8 engine and seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, however many of the car's technical details are considered confidential. The car reportedly cost £3,000,000 (USD $4.7 million).
- ↑ Ferrari.com - Ferrari announces one-off car Ferrari SP12 EC for Eric Clapton.
- ↑ Sanchez, Edward A. (May 28, 2012). Ferrari Officially Announces One-Off SP12 EC for Eric Clapton. Motor Trend. Retrieved on 2012-05-29.
- ↑ Knapman, Chris (May 28, 2012). Ferrari builds one-off car for Eric Clapton. The Telegraph. Retrieved on 2012-05-29.
- ↑ Tan, Danny (May 29, 2012). Ferrari SP12 EC – Eric Clapton’s one-off is a 458 Italia with styling inspired by the 512 BB. Paul Tan’s Automotive News. Driven Communications Sdn Bhd. Retrieved on 2012-05-29.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ferrari SP12 EC.
- ↑ One-Off Programme creates Ferrari for Eric Clapton!. Daily Bhaskar (May 29, 2012). Retrieved on 2012-05-29.
- ↑ Phillips, Abigail (May 29, 2012). Ferrari builds a One-Off £3m supercar for Eric Clapton. Business Review Europe. WDM Group. Retrieved on 2012-05-29.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Ferrari SP12 EC, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.