|The neutrality of this article is disputed. (January 2013)|
|Eric Justin Gould Bear|
Eric Justin Gould|
August 24, 1968
New York City
|Fields||User Experience Design|
Chief Experience Officer, Inc.|
New York University - M.P.S.|
Wesleyan University - B.A.
Virtual Force Feedback
Eric Gould Bear is a patent specialist involved in user experience and intellectual property strategy, and a testifying expert witness in computer user interface patent infringement litigation. He is an inventor; named in over 100 patents and patent applications relating to Human-Computer Interaction (software and hardware).
Bear has been designing user interfaces since 1984 and has established user experience strategies for many well-known Fortune 500 corporations. He is a former university professor (San Francisco State University; University of Texas at Austin) and executive (Microsoft; Yahoo!).
Communication Arts described Bear as "one of the most thoughtful and provocative interface and interaction designers working in the field." He is recognized for his collaborative approaches to creating easy-to-use technology and engaging digital media.
- ↑ Relativity Controller: Reflecting User Perspective in Document Spaces. SIGCHI 1993 InterCHI, pp. 125-126. Association for Computing Machinery (1993-04-24). Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- ↑ Seamless Video Expansion: Shaping the Contour of Streams for Personalized TV. SIGCHI 2000 Tutorial #26: Interactive Television, pp. 5-15. Association for Computing Machinery (2000-04-01). Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- ↑ Virtual Force-Feedback: Kinesthetic Engagement without Custom Hardware. OzCHI 2000, pp. 152-153. Human Factors and Ergonomic Society of Australia (2000-12-04). Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- ↑ Poly-Vectoral Reverse Navigation: Simplifying Traversal to and from Shared Nodes. SIGCHI 2001, pp. 37-38. Association for Computing Machinery (2001-03-31). Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- ↑ Walk-in Theater for iPad. Apple Inc. (2012-08-28). Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- ↑ Projekt202 Press Release, June 21, 2005. BusinessWire (2005-06-21). Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- ↑ MONKEYmedia Press Release, February 14, 2006. BusinessWire (2006-02-14). Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- ↑ SeamlessTV Press Release, August 24, 2009. BusinessWire (2009-08-24). Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- ↑ Results of Search in US Patent Collection Database for: IN/"Gould, Eric" OR IN/"Bear, Eric". United States Patent & Trademark Office. Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- ↑ Results of Search in US Patent Application Database for: IN/"Gould, Eric" OR IN/"Bear, Eric". United States Patent & Trademark Office. Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- ↑ Results of Search in International and National Patent Collections for: ALLNAMES:(Gould Bear). World Intellectual Property Organization. Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- ↑ Bear, Eric. Eric Gould Bear Curriculum Vitae. Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- ↑ "Multimedia in Austin, Texas: What Kind of Cowboys Are These? by Sam McMillan. Communication Arts (May/June 1998), pp. 152-159."
- ↑ Industry Briefs: MONKEYmedia. ACM Interactions (magazine) Volume 8 Issue 2, pp. 63-70. Association for Computing Machinery (2001-03-01). Retrieved on 2012-12-14.
- Chief Experience Officer, Inc.
- MONKEYmedia, Inc.
- SeamlessTV Partner Program
- Walk-in Theater for iPad
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Eric Gould Bear, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.