| This article has recently been created via Wikipedia:Articles for creation. The reviewer is in the process of closing the request, and this tag should be removed soon.
Urimai Kural (Tamil: உரிமை குரல், English translation: Shout for Property) is a forthcoming Tamil–language feature film, being directed by Raja Mohan, who with Urimai Kural, directs his sixth feature film. This film is produced by Sangili Murugan, with his production company, Meenakshi Arts. S. P. Rajkumar will write the script. It stars Joseph Vijay in the lead role, while the other cast are still not confimed yet. Tamanna Bhatia and Sneha are expected to star in the film.
This is the first time Raja and Joseph Vijay doing a project together. The film is currently in home production. Joseph Vijay hoped his film's success, as his previous film's lack of success causes controversy.
In late September 2008, S. A. Chandrasekhar directed and produced a film titled, Pandhayam (English translation: Game). The film had Joseph Vijay, Meghna Naidu and Perarasu 's special appearences. The main appearences focusing on Joseph Vijay and Perarasu. In the film, a fictional film was made, titled Mgr. Perarasu starred as a film director, who directs Mgr. While Joseph Vijay starred as an actor, who starred in Mgr. The fictional film tells a plot of justice, where Joseph Vijay, who seeks for justice when justice never even exist between police in a police station. Concludes that every actor in tamil film want to get cheap publicty by mentioning Mgr wording into their film career. Just as Rajinikanth, who used the name Sivaji and Mgr, which's based on legendary actors, Sivaji Ganesan and M. G. Ramachandran. Rajinkanth used the naming in 2007's tamil film, Sivaji. The name Mgr started to grew huge publicity. That inspired Joseph Vijay to name one of his film, with Mgr naming, after using it in fictional film in Pandhayam. But considering Mgr is an English title, they replaced the name with Urimai Kural. The title is based on M. G. Ramachandran's 1947 Urimai Kural, directed by C. V. Sridhar and starred Latha and Nambiar.
Initially, directors chosen for the film was a great list. Hari, Prabhu Deva Sundaram, Siddique, Raja Mohan, S. A. Chandrasekhar and Perarasu was in the list of the directors. Soon, S. A. Chandrasekhar back off from being the director. Prabhu Deva Sundaram had already made dual films with Joseph Vijay, titled Pokkiri and Villu, so he stopped from being the director for Joseph Vijay films. Perarasu, Siddique and Raja Mohan didn't gave up form directional list. Perarasu and Siddique already directs Joseph Vijay films. Raja never directs Vijay films' before. Raja films' also create box-office in India and he was chosen. Later, S. P. Rajkumar was confirmed to penned the script for the film. In May 2009, Tamanna Bhatia was confirmed to play a role in the film. At the same time, Tamil actress Sneha sign into the film for a role.
Cast and crew
Cast and characters
- Joseph Vijay as: The film will be the 50th film for Joseph Vijay. Vijay did so to attract M. G. Ramachandran's fans towards him by using M. G. Ramachandran's film titles, such as Vettaikkaaran and Urimai Kural.
- Tamanna Bhatia as: She was the final choice for Sangili Murugan to choose.
- Sneha as:
Crew and workers
- Raja Mohan as the director: Many directors were chosen for the film such as Siddique and more. But, Raja was expected to bring out more box office bomb films. This is the first time Raja Mohan and Joseph Vijay work on a project together.
- Sangili Murugan as the producer: Sangili Murugan has worked with Joseph Vijay in Kadhalukku Mariyadhai Kadhalukku Mariyadhai was a breakthrough for Vijay, as it was an blockbuster.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 "Director of Vijay's 50th film is Raja". Poochandi. http://www.poochandi.com/movies/tamil/news/director-of-vijay-s-50th-film-is-raja-2631.html. Retrieved 2008-12-12.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 "Vijay’s 50th movie to be a home production". Tamil Wire. http://www.tamilwire.com/vijays-50th-movie-home-production/. Retrieved 2008-08-17.
- ↑ "Vijay fans shut down fan site". IndiaGlitz. http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/44974.html. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Vijay titles next flick as Mgr. Tamil Wire (2009-07-23). Retrieved on 2009-05-29.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Mgr is an actor or a fictional film ?. Tamil Wire. Retrieved on 2009-04-11.
- ↑ Gaekwad, Shivaji Rao. Rajinikanth Acting Career. Gaekwad, Shivaji Rao. Rajinikanth Official Website. Retrieved on 2009-04-11.
- ↑ Vijay's 50th film may be directed by Perarasu!. Yahoo! Movies (2009-05-18). Retrieved on 2009-05-30.
- ↑ Urimai Kural is 1974 and 2010 film.. Moviebuzz. Sify (2009-05-15). Retrieved on 2009-05-23.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Galatta. "Directors of Vijay's 50th and 51st film". Yahoo! Movies. http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/43580/Directors-of-Vijays-50th-51st-films.html. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 "Prabhu Deva directs Vijay's 50th film". Newspaper (Malaysia Nanban). 2009.
- ↑ Siddique to direct Vijay’s 50th film. Tamil Wire (2008-11-10). Retrieved on 2009-05-30.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Daily News. "Raja makes way to Chennai Super King actor!". Cine South. http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/10122008-6.shtml. Retrieved 2008-12-10.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Ayngaran International (2009-05-11). 'Sangili Murugan' produce Vijay's 50th flick. Ayngaran International. Retrieved on 2009-05-23.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Tamanna to play Vijay's lady love. Sethu Shankar. Entertainment. One India (2009-05-12). Retrieved on 2009-05-23.
- ↑ Vijay ropes in Sneha for ‘Urimai Kural’. Kollywood Today (2009-05-30). Retrieved on 2009-05-31.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 "Raja's conversation to Vijay". Newspaper (The Times of India). 2009.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Vijay’s 50th film titled as ‘Urimai Kural’. Web. Kollywood Today (2009-05-16). Retrieved on 2009-05-23.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article wikipedia:en:Draft:Urimaikural (film), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.