| This article has recently been created via Wikipedia:Articles for creation. The reviewer is in the process of closing the request, and this tag should be removed soon.
Founded 2011 in Montreal, AquaShield focuses on providing eco-friendly and innovative solutions for consumer and industrial use using nanotechnology. The first products they launched were based on protective coating technologies with special nano particles, as well as cleaning and protective properties. Nano coatings, also known as superhydrophobic coatings are now being used in many different industries for a wide range of reasons.
The company started off in development and research, later moving onto retail sales in 2012. The first product they launched was Textile & Leather, expanding to several more products by the end of 2013.
In 2014, they re-established as Nanex Canada Incorporated and rebranded their products to AquaShield, removing all harmful solvents, becoming 100% eco-friendly by the end of the year and also partnering with non-profit organisation Upside Foundation.
AquaShields superhydrophobic coatings work by impregnating fabric with nano sized polymers that create a surface that causes water to ball up and run off, the same way that leaves in nature repel water. Since the polymers are on a nano scale, the material is now waterproof but still breathable at the same time.
- ↑ AquaShield Waterproof Coating. Albany Veg Fest. Retrieved on 19 January 2015.
- ↑ What is Nanotechnology?. SCP Knowledge. Retrieved on 19 January 2015.
- ↑ Nano-Coatings Will Revolutionize Waterproofing. Mr Mag. Retrieved on 19 January 2015.
- ↑ Superhydrophobics – A New Kind of Tech. The Tech. Retrieved on 19 January 2015.
- ↑ Superhydrophobics could drive water-repelling consumer revolution. CBC News. Retrieved on 19 January 2015.
- ↑ Nano-Coatings – A New Era for Waterproof Coatings. Mena Entrepreneur. Retrieved on 19 January 2015.
- ↑ Waterproof your Wardrobe with Nanotechnology. Women's Health Bag. Retrieved on 19 January 2015.
- ↑ Superhydrophobic coatings. STRATEGIES FOR LIFE INNOVATION. Retrieved on 19 January 2015.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Draft:Nanex Company, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.