'Douglas Paul Gordon Bursill
Born at Royal Women’s Hospital in Paddington on the 13th Oct 1976. His parents are Graham John Bursill and Margot Victoria Blakely.
(His Mother was an Olympics skier for New Zealand in 1968 winter Olympics at Grenoble.)
The Bursill Family are know as unofficial Australian Royalty.
- The Bursill's have Two heritage listed buildings in Cambelltown NSW
- Glenalvon House
- Bursill's Shop
- Two books have also been written about the family (from Convict to Gentlemen)
Douglas attended: The Scots Collage (syd, Australia) from Prep and finished his final senior year in 1994. Completing his studies. In 1995 he started a degree at The Australian Collage of Physical education (ACPE).
Studying a Bachelor of Physical education.
While at school as most Bursill's do, they excel at sports..
For Douglas it was Playing Rugby. He played for The Scots Collage 1st xv “93” Team which became G.P,S Primers that year. Scots Collage hasn’t won a GPS title in rugby since then.
- He made the G.P.S 1st xv Rugby team 93-94
- N.S.W 1st xv (Australian Champions) 93-94
- Winning the The Dr Syd Sugerman Award
"The Best Team Man at the Australian Championships" http://www.nswschoolsrugby.rugbynet.com.au/default.asp?id=174832
- Australian Schoolboys rugby team “93” to Tour New Zealand and also in 94 ASRFU tour to UK and Ireland and France.
As a young lad he was very passionate about rugby and his love that he had for the game.
He would go down and train with Sydney University Rugby Club Senior Grades 1st, 2nd and 3rds. While he was on school holidays in year 8 ( 12 yrs of age). At this time he was asked by Peter John Fitzsimons (wallabies) if he would like to play on the weekend. Against Parramatta.
- He then became youngest player to play senior grade rugby union in the Sydney Ricoh cup competition at the age 13 yrs in 1991.
Running out of the bench for Sydney University team in his father’s 1968 jersey vs. Parramatta in 6th grade . At Granville Park.
- He was also the First foreign Rugby player to play pro in Russia. For the Moscow magicians (RL) and the Fila Rugby union Club 2001-2002.
- Douglas has also won the senior Eastern Beaches beach sprint champion 1992 at the age of 15 yrs.
- At coogee beach -Running for Tamarama Beach surf life saving club .
- Under an assumed name of Scott Peters a fellow student at TSC.
- As Douglas had not finished his Bronze medallion to become a surf life saver.
- As well as becoming the World Junior ski boot throwing Champion in Bredbo in 1985.
- In 1995 Douglas was selected for Sydney University 1st Grade RUFC ,in his first year out of school at the age of 18yrs He was then selected for the N.S.W Development XV vs. Japan at Concord oval under coach Matt Williams in 1995.
Scoring two tries that day at concord oval.
- The next year in 1996 he went to Ponsonby Rugby Club in Auckland winning the local club comp, and made the Auckland colts. He was then asked to join the Auckland Squad for the 1997 season.
But instead came home to Australia where his heart lay in rugby.
- In 1997(Shoulder)injury and 1998 he played for the Eastern Suburbs Rugby union 1st grade side. Sydney, Australia under the coach Peter Abbot. But was dropped a week before the semi finals for running on the top of car roofs in front of the Lord Dudley Hotel.
- In 1999 he traveled to Brisbane to play for the North Brisbane Barbarians from this he was known from the sporting journalists as the journey man and the relentless chainsaw.
- That year he was released to play for the Glasgow hawks in Glasgow.
Over the years of 1995-2005, Douglas has Played
• Pro Rugby union
- Ranfurly shield,
- Heineken European Cup,
- Bulleted list item
- NSW Development XV vs. Japan.
- Itlaia super 10 seria "A" for Leonessa Rugby Club)
- Moscow Magicians RL
• 1st grade Rugby Sydney,Australia
- AAMI Cup
- Shute Shield Rugby
- Ricoh cup
- Tooheys cup
•1st Grade Clubs Played for in Sydney Australia 1995-2005
•Sydney University Rugby Union Club •Eastern Suburbs Rugby Union Club •Randwick Rugby union Club Rugby •Northern Suburbs Rugby Union Club
- He's also played Ranfuly Shield in 2005 & for the Auckland colts 1996.
- In 2007 he was the trainer for the NSWJRU u15 side.
- In 2011 he started wrestling and came 3rd in NSW championships (freestyle) U84kg
- As well as been a Pro sprinter(NSW)
Douglas is also a Freemason.
Involved in many charity events.
- Director of Travel accommodation network
- Vibrance well-being and fitness
- Bursill Enterprise
A thousand whispers become a roar.... a roar is what shapes a nation. (DPG BURSILL)
austschools.rugbynet.com.au/default.asp?id=95976 https://pipl.com/directory/name/Bursill/Douglas/ myrugby.rugby.com.au/myrugby/.../game.asp?game.https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec...rugby/.../DLfsIRnnSH0..www.nswschoolsrugby.rugbynet.com.au/default.asp?id..www.nswjuniors.rugbynet.com.au/.../2007_NSWJRU_Annual_Repor. [http://www.acpe.edu.au
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Douglas P.G Bursill, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.