Dipannita Sharma (born 2 November 1979) is an Indian supermodel and actress.
Sharma came into the limelight after making it to the final five of the Miss India 1998 contest. She was also adjudged 'Miss Photogenic' in the same contest. She has walked the ramp for all major designers in the country & for international design houses such as Valentino & Fendi in India. She was the worldwide face of the press campaign for Breguet watches & jewellery for 5 years. She has endorsed & been the face of several skin care brands in India such as Garnier, Nivea & Dettol soap. She has also hosted television shows, been a judge on a fashion based show on Mtv - Mtv making the cut & acted in the lead role on a show called Life Nahi Hai Laddoo before making her film debut with the 2002 Bollywood film 16 December.
Dipannita was born in the Oil India Limited colony town of Duliajan in Assam. Her father was a doctor in the O.I.L. Hospital. She studied in the Holy Child School Guwahati till her ninth standard, and pursued the rest of her school academics from St. Mary's school, Naharkatia. She later graduated in History from Indraprastha College for Women, Delhi.
Dippanita is married to Delhi entrepreneur Dilsher Singh Atwal, a third generation businessman, and who is into his family business of mining, and currently lives in Mumbai, India. Her younger sister is the television actress Arunima Sharma who is best known for her role as Rano in the soap opera Kasamh Se.
|2002||16 December||Sheeba||Nominated - Zee Cine Awards & Star Screen Awards for best debut female|
|2004||Dil Vil Pyar Vyar||Payal Singh|
|2005||My Brother... Nikhil||Leena Gomes|
|Koi Aap Sa||Preeti|
|2011||Ladies vs Ricky Bahl||Raina Parulekar||Nominated — (Zee Cine Awards 2012 best supporting actor female category)|
|2015||Take It Easy (2015 film)||Rama||2015 feature film|
|2017||Coffee with D||Neha||2017 feature film|
|Har dil jo love karega||Zoom|
|Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week||STAR World|
|Fear Factor - Khatron Ke Khiladi||Colors TV|
|MTV making the cut||MTV India|
|Piya Kay Ghar Jana Hai||Ary Digital|
|"Untag (Web Series on Voot)"||Anahita Kohli|
- ↑ Dipannita Sharma. Archived from the original on 22 Oct 2007. Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
- ↑ "Dipannita Sharma 'almost fractured' shoulder while filming 'Pizza'". Daily News and Analysis. 4 July 2014. http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-dipannita-sharma-almost-fractured-shoulder-while-filming-pizza-1999572.
- ↑ "Personal Agenda: Dipannita Sharma". Hindustan Times. February 24, 2012. http://www.hindustantimes.com/brunch/brunch-stories/personal-agenda-dipannita-sharma/article1-816437.aspx.
- ↑ "Catching Up With Dazzling Dipannita Sharma". http://www.petaindia.com/features/dipannita-sharma/.
- ↑ Soumyadipta Banerjee (11 February 2011). There’s no three-year itch: Dipannita Sharma. DNA.
- ↑ "Did you know that Arunima Sharma is the sister of a famous actress?". http://www.tellychakkar.com/fun-zone/did-you-know/did-you-know-arunima-sharma-the-sister-of-famous-actress.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Dipannita Sharma|