|This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
|Born||November 25, 1964|
|Origin||Gulf Breeze, Florida|
|Genres||Heavy metal, progressive metal, steam prog|
Dietrick Hardwick, born 25 November 1964, Pensacola, Florida, is an American guitarist, composer, and producer. He is primarily known for founding and leading the heavy metal band Mindcage since the late 80's. His band has been recognized in European press as "forerunners of the New Wave of American Progressive Metal".
He was heavily influenced in his formative years by German guitarists Wolf Hoffmann, Michael Schenker, and Uli Jon Roth. He has since spent time under the tutelage of guitar players of note such as Marty Friedman, Doug Doppler, Steve Smyth. He has also studied recording and producing under rock poducer Michael Wagener.
Hardwick founded the Perpetual Motion online community in 1996, with the intent of spearheading a breakthrough in the Progressive Metal music popularity. That underground movement has since become prevalent today not only in the US, but also in other territories such as Europe, South America and the Pacific Rim.
Hardwick has coined the term "Steam-Prog" to identify the distinctive style of progressive metal he is known for composing with the Steampunk aesthetic and subculture. Presently, he is working on a conceptual CD with his band Mindcage entitled "Our Own Devices" with Producer Michael Wagener due for 2013 world-wide release on the Aetherwax record label.
- ↑ Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles Metal New: HYDROGYN Vocalist Julie Westlake On Board For New MINDCAGE Album
- ↑ Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles Metal New: MINDCAGE Introduce New Vocalist Album
- ↑ Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles Magazine: MINDCAGE To Work With OZZY OSBOURNE, MEGADETH Producer Michael Wagener On New Album
- ↑ Blabbermouth.net Metal News
- ↑ Muzikus Magazine
- ↑ Mindcage on Michael Wagener's Official Discography