|The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2010)|
|This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (May 2010)|
Canadian national sorority
- Delta Psi Delta (ΔΨΔ) is one of only two Canadian national sororities.
- Delta Psi Delta (nicknamed DpsiD) was founded on September 15, 1991 in Ottawa, Ontario in a classroom within Residence commons at Carleton University. There are 12 founding mothers of the sorority. Delta Psi Delta, is a Canadian national sorority that has three active chapters and one inactive chapter. Alpha chapter is based in Ottawa, Ontario with members from Carleton University, University of Ottawa and Algonquin College, Gamma Chapter which is based in Toronto, Ontario with members from York University and Ryerson University, and Delta Chapter which is based in London, Ontario with members from University of Western Ontario.
- Carleton University, University of Ottawa, Algonquin College
- Founded: September 15, 1991
- Status: Active
- University of Windsor
- Initiated: 1999
- Status: Inactive
- University of Western Ontario
- Initiated: October 2, 2011
- Status: Active
All Alpha and Gamma and Delta active chapters of Delta Psi Delta take pride in their philanthropy involvement in their communities. The sisters take part in many activities throughout the year which include, but are not limited to, volunteering at local food banks, The annual Halloween food drive, and the MS walk. As well, every December the sisters commemorate the École Polytechnique Massacre by raising money in the victims memory and donating the money to various battered women's shelters.
The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada became a favourite event for the sorority when a sister from the Alpha chapter became diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. All chapters take part in the MS walk to raise money in hopes to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Delta Psi Delta (Canada), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.