|This article needs improvement which may include extra references, copyediting and updating.|
Darren was born in Worchester, MA. He graduated from Bryant University (1988). Darren was influenced by his college marketing professor Frank Bingham, motivational speakers Brian Tracy, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins and Dr. Wayne Dyer. His mentors are Dave Fitzgerald, Vinnie Favorito, Rick Segel and his coach Patricia Fripp.
Darren joined the Bose Speakers Toastmasters International Club to foster his dream of being a stand-up comedian. Darren may have been “born without a funny bone in my body” but he possessed the desire to learn and the willingness to fail, necessary to achieve his dream. The self-proclaimed “student of comedy” is living proof that humor is a skill that can be learned. Darren interviewed CEOs and business owners who made humor part of their business plan, culling from their successful practices and innovative principles that could be applied to any company. He developed an innovative technique of “customizing” humor that reveals the common frustrations and pet peeves about an organization, giving him ammunition that has audiences laughing down to their toes.
LaCroix has created a ground breaking program, "Get More Laughs By Next Week" so you may learn his humor creation process at home. Darren LaCroix is a co-founder of The Humor Institute and a co-creator of The Humor Boot Camp.
World Champion of Public Speaking
In 2001 Darren out spoke 25,000 contestants from 14 countries and became 2001 World Champion of Public Speaking. In his winning speech Darren LaCroix was talking about the fear of failure, about reaching for a goal and falling on your face, when suddenly he lurched forward and, well, literally fell on his face. Since becoming World Champion of Public Speaking, Darren has traveled the world demystifying the process of creating a powerful speech. He has roused audiences in faraway places like Saudi Arabia, China, Oman, Malaysia, and Taiwan with his inspirational journey from first-rate chump to first-class champ, proving anything is possible if you are willing to work for it.
Keynote Speaker, Educator, & Coach
Darren LaCroix learned how to be funny. Now he teaches people how to make other people laugh. It's his job. Funny stuff is serious business.
Besides teaching others how to be funny, LaCroix educates sales forces, CEOs, public speakers and others about humor and it actually turned out to be a better business than trying to be funny.
Darren LaCroix is also known as the person who helps speakers launch their careers in professional speaking. He has trademarked program "Get Paid to Speak by Next Week", which educates on how to start and run a speaking business. As a coach, he supports speakers through his internet program, World Champions EDGE. He co-created "How Professional Presenters Can Own the Stage", the program with new standards for advanced presentation skills.
As a keynote speaker since 1994, he brings his stories to conferences around the world. His clients include IBM, Fidelity investments, Sheraton Hotels, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dunkin’ Donuts, Motorola, EMC2 Corporation, CVS Caremark, and numerous associations.
Darren is a co-author of "Speaker's EDGE: Secrets and Strategies for Connecting with Any Audience," a collection of public speaking articles written by Hall of Fame Speaker, Patricia Fripp, along with World Champions of Public Speaking Darren LaCroix, Ed Tate, Craig Valentine, and Mark Brown;
He is also co-author with Rick Segel of "Laugh & Get Rich: How to Profit from Humor in Any Business." The book is a collection of tools to help businesses to succeed. The book is now translated into three languages.
He is also an award-winning producer, his film Living and Laughing with Cancer: A Comedian’s Journey was honored at the Worldfest Houston film festival for its groundbreaking insights into humor and healing. The inspirational documentary about his best friend’s battle with cancer, brings humor and hope to those touched by life-threatening conditions.
- ↑ Frey, Suzanne (August, 2001). "Massachusetts Man Speaks of Failure and Wins World Championship of Public Speaking". Toastmasters international, District 3. http://www.angelfire.com/az2/d3tmPR/DarrenLaCroix_TIpress.html.
- ↑ Darren LaCroix, author of "Laugh & Get Rich". Speaker Resource Center.
- ↑ LaCroix, Darren. Lights…Camera…HUMOR!A Comedy Secret for a Professional Presentation. Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor.
- ↑ World Champions of Public Speaking. Toastmasters International.
- ↑ Darren LaCroix: Keynote Speaker * Author * Comedian. Humor 411.
- ↑ NEMED 20th ANNUAL MEETING.
- ↑ Toastmasters District 54.
- ↑ Kooker, Naomi R. (December 23, 2001). "TOASTMASTERS BAR NONE AT NORFOLK FACILITY, INMATES LEARN NEW WAYS TO MAKE THEIR POINTS". Boston Globe - Boston, Mass.. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/boston/access/96882814.html?FMT=ABS&date=Dec%2023,%202001.
- ↑ DTAC 2009, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Guest Speakers. Toastmasters International, District 79.
- ↑ LaCroix, Darren. Get More Laughs in every presentation for the rest of your life. Darren LaCroix.
- ↑ Anton, Mike (August 26, 2001). "The Region; Victor in 'Olympics of Oratory' Falls Flat, but His Speech Doesn't; Communication: A pratfall helps salesman underline his message". Los Angeles Times - Los Angeles, Calif. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/access/78842992.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Aug+26%2C+2001&author=MIKE+ANTON&pub=Los+Angeles+Times&edition=&startpage=B.6&desc=The+Region%3B+Victor+in+%27Olympics+of+Oratory%27+Falls+Flat%2C+but+His+Speech+Doesn%27t%3B+Communication%3A+A+pratfall+helps+salesman+underline+his+message..
- ↑ 10 Speaking Tips from the Champ. Toastmasters International, District 43.
- ↑ Gibes, Al (September 26, 2010). Laugh and learn: Speaker says to humorize is to humanize. Las Vegas Review Journal.
- ↑ Silver, Kate (September 30, 2010). Las Vegas humor coach insists anyone can be funny—even you. Vegas Seven.
- ↑ From Free to Fee: 5.5 Tips on Getting Paid to Speak. 997 Ways to Be a Great Speaker.
- ↑ Author: Darren LaCroix. Amazines Free Article Archive.
- ↑ Darren LaCroix 2001 World Champion of Public Speaking. World Champion Resources.
- ↑ Speaker's EDGE: Secrets and Strategies for Connecting with Any Audience. Public Speaking Resources.
- ↑ "Laugh & Get Rich: How to Profit from Humor in Any Business". Dare 2 Create. July 29, 2010. http://www.dare2create.com/inspiration/laugh-get-rich-how-to-profit-from-humor-in-any-business.
- ↑ Darren LaCroix. AMERICAN ENTERTAINMENT INTERNATIONAL SPEAKERS BUREAU.
- ↑ Living and laughing with cancer. Copyright database.
- ↑ 2009 Our Featured Speakers. AATH Annual Conference.
- ↑ "Keynote Speaker - Darren LaCroix". Toastmasters International, District 71. January 24, 2010. http://d71.org/viewtopic.php?printertopic=1&t=5603&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult.
- The Humor Institute
- Humor Boot Camp
- Get Paid to Speak by Next Week
- Champions are willing to fail… are you?.
- Become a Master Presenter: Connect, Persuade & Entertain like a Pro!.
- World Champions' EDGE. Where Good Speakers Become GREAT!
- "Winning" Toastmasters Motivational Speech by World Champion Darren LaCroix at NSA
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Darren LaCroix, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.