Daniel Perry (or Dan Perry) (born March 12, 1978) is a former United States Embassy official who disappeared on June 17, 2013 following a 16-hour flight from Hong Kong to Newark Liberty International Airport, New York, USA. He claimed to have information on Edward Snowden and was filmed 'freaking out' at other passengers. On reaching Newark Airport, according to the Daily Mail, Perry was detained by about a dozen US law enforcement officers. The story briefly became a worldwide sensation, but has subsequently gone unreported.
Daniel Perry is a native of Binghamton, New York, where he is believed in the past to have lived with his parents. He claimed to have worked for the CIA, and was a US Embassy official in Abu Dhabi in c.2004. On moving to Hong Kong, where he is married to a Chinese lady, he appeared to have made an attempt to contact Edward Snowden.
United Airlines Flight 116
On Monday, June 17, 2013, Perry boarded a flight from Hong Kong International Airport to Newark. About nine hours into the flight, he started what was described as a "bizarre anti-government rant" and claimed that he was being hit with "poisoned darts". According to CBS New York, he reportedly screamed
“Your life is in jeopardy!” he shouted. “Your life is in jeopardy if you work for the NSA, you work for the CIA, you work for the National Reconnaissance Office, your life is in jeopardy!”Jacques Roizen and a number of other passengers were able to detain Mr Perry and, when the plane landed at Newark at 13.45, it taxied to an isolated part of the Airport, and he was escorted from the plane by about a dozen law enforcement officers. According to the FBI, he was taken to a mental hospital for an evaluation. Perry's current whereabouts are unknown.
- ↑ MailOnline, June 19, 2013
- ↑ PERRY v. U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE (November 19, 2009). Retrieved on July 5, 2013.
- ↑ "Man Ranting About Poison, CIA Aboard Hong Kong-To-Newark Flight In Custody". CBS Local. June 17, 2013. http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/06/17/man-claims-to-have-poisoned-passengers-aboard-hong-kong-to-newark-flight/. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- ↑ Ted Sherman and Steve Strunsky (June 17, 2013). "Hong Kong plane lands safely at Newark airport after poison threat". NJ.com. http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2013/06/newark_hong_kong_plane_passenger_outburst.html. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- ↑ Philip Caulfield (June 18, 2013). "Passengers tackle paranoid man ranting about poison, the CIA and NSA leaker Edward Snowden aboard Hong Kong-to-Newark flight". http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/paranoid-man-scare-aboard-united-flight-article-1.1375578?localLinksEnabled=false. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Daniel Morgan Perry, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.