|This article's citation style may be unclear. The references used may be made clearer with a different or consistent style of citation, footnoting, or external linking. (June 2012)|
|Key people||Louise Oldfield, Director|
Central Eagle Aviation (CEA) is a scenic and air charter company based in Birdsville, Queensland. It operates charters around Outback Australia specialising in scenic flights to Lake Eyre, and surrounds.
The company was founded in 2010 by Louise (Lou) Oldfield. CEA was started to provide scenic flights to tourists and a charter service to locals in the Diamantina Shire, one of the largest and most sparsely populated shires in Australia. Initially operating a single Cessna 210, and employing two pilot's, the company expanded in 2011 purchasing a second Cessna 210 and crosshiring a third and employing four pilot's.
The companies name revives the Eagle name her Grandfather Harold Bamberg built as Eagle Aviation Ltd, later to become British Eagle International Airlines a major British independent airline from 1948 to 1968.
- ↑ Arthur, Chrissy and Harris, Julia (October 31, 2011). "The best in the west awarded". Australian Broadcasting Company. http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2011/10/31/3352474.htm. "Louise Oldfield won the "Young Achiever's Award""
- ↑ The Best in the West. Outback Queensland Tourism Association (November 1, 2011).
- ↑ Mole, Andrew (May 30, 2011). "Lake Eyre comes alive". The Herald and Weekly Times. http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2011/05/30/335291_national-news.html.
- ↑ Mole, Andrew (December 28, 2011). "Lou's trek into the red heart". The Herald and Weekly Times. http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2011/12/28/423511_country-living.html. Retrieved June 27, 2012.
- ↑ Passion for the Channel Country takes to the air. The Longreach Leader (June 2010). (scan on centraleagleaviation.com.au)
- ↑ The Weekly Times Wednesday 25 May 2011 copy: http://www.centraleagleaviation.com.au/images/Weekly-Times-25May2011.pdf
- ↑ The Weekly Times December 28 2011 copy: http://www.centraleagleaviation.com.au/images/lou.story.pdf
- ↑ Queensland Country Life February 2012 copy: http://www.centraleagleaviation.com.au/images/news/QLD-Country-Life-Feb12.jpg
- ↑ Central Eagle Aviation Website Retrieved: 24 March 2011.
|Airlines of Australia|
|Scheduled passenger airlines||
|Charter passenger airlines|
|Lists relating to aviation|
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Central Eagle Aviation, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.