|Brittany Kerr Williams|
Brittany Layne Kerr|
Charlotte, North Carolina USA
|Education||University of Alabama|
|Occupation||Singer, dancer, model|
|Spouse(s)||Jason Aldean Williams|
Brittany Layne Kerr (born June 1988) is an American singer, dancer, and model who first gained notoriety as a dancer for the Charlotte Bobcats.
Kerr was born to Donald Kerr and Deborah Kerr (née Barbee) in Charlotte, North Carolina and grew up a short drive from the affluent neighborhood of Ballantyne. Her mother is from Albemarle, North Carolina so Kerr spent a large amount of time in the small town saying she, "practically grew up in Albemarle". Kerr attended South Mecklenburg High School in Charlotte, North Carolina where she played basketball, softball, sang in the choir, and was crowned homecoming queen. She has an older sister and a younger brother, Hunter.
Kerr attended the University of Alabama for her freshman, sophomore, and senior years of college where she never graduated from. She studied at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte for her junior year.
Kerr first gained recognition for her vocal talent when she auditioned for the eleventh season of American Idol. She auditioned in Savannah, Georgia by singing "Spoiled" by Joss Stone and "Blue" by LeAnn Rimes. She received positive feedback and votes from judges Randy Jackson and Steven Tyler to go onto the Hollywood round of auditions, but Jennifer Lopez did not vote her through. During the audition process she frequently credited the importance of her faith saying, "If I did not have my faith I would absolutely, hands down not be where I am... without prayer I would not have made it". It was Kerr's friend and fellow Lady Cat dancer, Rhema Helm who convinced her to audition for the television show.
Kerr auditioned for the Charlotte Bobcats dance team, The Lady Cats in 2011. She made the team and danced for two seasons before quitting in order to pursue a singing career.
Kerr was featured on the cover of the 2011-2012 Charlotte Bobcats Lady Cats swimsuit calendar.
In October 2012 Kerr was involved in a cheating scandal with married country music singer, Jason Aldean. The two were photographed outside of The Den, a bar in West Hollywood, California kissing and holding hands.. In reference to the event Kerr released a statement saying, "The actions I portrayed recently were not a representation of my true character, but a lapse in judgment on my part. I would like to sincerely apologize to everyone that has been affected by this". She married Jason Aldean on March 21, 2015 in Mexico.
- ↑ Paul Schadt and Meg: Brittany Kerr of American Idol Fame Visits. 96.9 The Kat. Retrieved on October 1, 2012.
- ↑ Drye, B.J.. The Next American Idol: Singing Contestant Has Ties To Stanly County. Retrieved on October 2, 2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Janes, Theoden. Bobcats Cheerleader Brittany Kerr Pursues Her Dream On American Idol. The Charlotte Observer. Retrieved on October 2, 2012.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Medvedev, Vince. Brittany Kerr Cooler Talk. Cooler Talk. Retrieved on October 2, 2012.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Brittany Kerr American Idol Interview. YouTube. Retrieved on October 1, 2012.
- ↑ Kay, Daniel. Hot Charlotte Bobcats Dancer Does American Idol. Yard Barker. Retrieved on October 2, 2012.
- ↑ Kern, Mark. Lady Cat Brittany on American Idol. Charlotte Bobcats. Retrieved on October 1, 2012.
- ↑ Brittany Kerr: Five Things You Don't Know About Jason Aldean's Fling. US Weekly. Retrieved on October 1, 2012.
- ↑ Country Star Jason Aldean Hot and Heavy with American Idol Chick... Who's Not His Wife. TMZ. Retrieved on October 1, 2012.
- ↑ Brittany Kerr Calls Jason Aldean Kiss "Laspe In Judgement". E! Online. Retrieved on October 2, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Brittany Kerr|