|This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (September 2012)|
Brit Floyd is Pink Floyd cover band formed in Liverpool in 2010 by producer Chas Cole and musical director of The Australian Pink Floyd Show Damian Darlington. Their live shows are celebrating the amazing musical legacy of Pink Floyd helping the band become "the world's greatest Pink Floyd show".
One of the band founders, Damian Darlington had previously played in The Australian Pink Floyd - the only Pink Floyd tribute band to play for a member of Pink Floyd; in 1996 they performed at David Gilmour's 50th birthday party alongside Rick Wright.
CMP Entertainment announced that from 2011 annual Pink Floyd tribute tour will feature 'Brit Floyd' rather than 'The Australian Pink Floyd Show'. Chas Cole, CMP's promoter said, "In recent years TAPFS tours have featured primarily British musicians and its come to the point where a British show is more appropriate. CMP doesn't want to stretch the goodwill of Pink Floyd or the fans and therefore, now is a good time to change."
Everything else about this new Brit Floyd tour remained unchanged including the quality of the sound, lights and animation.
In 2012 Brit Floyd announced following tours:
- 2012 UK Tour (UK and Ireland, May to August)
- North America 2012 (February to March, September)
- Europe 2012 (October to December)
- Lebanon 2012 (December, 22nd)
- Damian Darlington (musical Director, guitar, lapsteel and vocals)
- Ian Cattell (bass guitar, vocals)
- Bobby Harrison (guitar, vocals)
- Rob Stringer (keyboards, vocals)
- Rick Benbow (keyboards)
- Arran Ahmun (drums)
- Carl Brunsdon (saxophones, bass guitar, acoustic guitar, percussion, keyboards, clarinet)
- Emily Jollands (vocals)
- Amy Smith (vocals and percussion)
- Jacquie Williams (vocals)
- Ola Bienkowska (vocals)
- Gareth Darlington (Sound Designer and front of House Engineer)
- Bryan Kolupski (animation, graphics, video and photography)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Brit Floyd, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.