Brazil Pharma or BR Pharma is a holding of drugstore owned by Brazilian investment bank BTG Pactual founded in 2009 by the purchase of many networks of pharmacies by the bank and being born as one of the largest in the country. Currently Brazil Pharma is the largest drugstore in the country by number of stores, have 1002 stores in 13 Brazilian States and the Federal District and is the fourth largest drugstore company by revenue in Brazil.
Currently the company is composed by:
- Farmais a franchise of pharmacies founded in 1994 based in São Paulo and with 359 stores in South and Southeast of Brazil.
- Rosário Distrital is a pharmacy chain group headquartered in Brasília and result of the merger of pharmacies Rosário and Distrital, currently has 104 stores in Brazilian Midwest, the company is composed by Rosário and Distrital brands and BR Pharma owned 50% of the company.
- Farmácias Guararapes is composed by 80 stores located in northeast of Brazil.
- Mais Economica is a drugstore chain with 194 stores located in the states of Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul.
- Estrela Galdino is a drogstore chain based in the State of Bahia, the company has 14 drugstore, beig 12 in Salvador de Bahia and 2 in Lauro de Freitas.
- Farmácias Sant'Ana have 101 drugstores in Brazil. The company is based in Salvador de Bahia.
The company's plan is to become the largest chain of pharmacies in the country by purchasing regional pharmacies and making them holding brands.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Brazil Pharma, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.