It's a hoax!
This article was removed from wikipedia as a hoax. Please help evaluate it, if it is funny, a meme, or something for http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page or http://althistory.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiActivity. You can add the Funny category or feel free to suggest new categories.
|The truthfulness of this article or section has been questioned.|
Beach Movie is a 2009 film directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer and starring Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello. The film parodies the beach party genre of movies, popular in the 1960s such as Muscle Beach Party (1962), along with their revival in the 1980's onward such as Computer Beach Party (1987).
School is out and the teenagers head for the beach. All is well until millionaire Harvey Huntington Honeywagon III (Wynn) comes around, convinced that the beachgoers are so senselessly obsessed with sex that their mentality is below that of a primate – especially Honeywagon's wunderkind pet chimp Clyde, who can surf, drive, and watusi better than anyone on the beach. With the teenagers demoralized and discredited, Honeywagon plans to turn the beach into a senior citizens retirement home.
Meanwhile, foppish British rocker and drag queen Peter Royce Bentley, better known as "The Potato Bug" (played by Frankie Avalon in a dual role), has taken up residence on the beach. Annoyed by Frankie's reluctance to start their relationship towards marriage, Dee Dee becomes receptive to Potato Bug's advances. In a jealous rage, Frankie challenges The Potato Bug to a drag race, in hopes of winning Dee Dee back.
- Beach Party (1963)
- Muscle Beach Party (1964)
- The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini (1966)
- Beach Party H2O: 20 Years Later (1983)
- Computer Beach Party (1987)
- The Potato Bug name is a not-so-subtle reference to The Monkeys. The character is a permutation of Davey Jones, albeit with a persona based on British stereotypes as perceived by Americans, and made popular by English comics like Terry-Thomas and Eric Idle.
- Keenan Wynn's character's surname, "Honeywagon" is a reference to the so-named portable toilets used in the film and television industry and at campgrounds and marinas - thus Frankie's reply upon hearing Honeywagon's name: "I'd keep that quiet if I were you."
- Timothy Carey's pool-playing character's name "South Dakota Slim" is a play on the pool shark character "Minnesota Fats" that Jackie Gleason played three years previous in the film, The Hustler.
- Boris Karloff's cameo (seen only from behind until the end) is a riff on Vincent Price's commercials for "the Vincent Price Collection of Fine Art" being offered at Sears at the time. Price wore a similar costume (red cape, black hat) in his commercials, and after appearing in Beach Party doing a similar gag (and a few other AIP films over the last year), the audience would assume they would be seeing Price again, thus creating a punchline when fellow spookster Karloff is revealed.
- Annette Funicello as Dee Dee
- Frankie Avalon as Frankie / Potato Bug (née Peter Royce Bentley)
- Keenan Wynn as Harvey Huntington Honeywagon III
- Martha Hyer as Vivian Clements
- Harvey Lembeck as Eric Von Zipper
- Don Rickles as Big Drag
- John Ashley as Johnny
- Jody McCrea as Deadhead
- Candy Johnson as Candy
- Danielle Aubry as Yvonne, the Lady Bug
- Elizabeth Montgomery as the Voice of Yvonne, the Lady Bug
- Meredith MacRae as Animal
- Delores Wells as Sniffles
- Donna Loren as Donna
- Janos Prohaska as Clyde
- Timothy Carey as South Dakota Slim
- Little Stevie Wonder as Himself
- Alberta Nelson as Puss / Alberta
- Boris Karloff as Art Dealer
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Beach Movie, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.