The Big STAR Entertainment Awards are presented annually by Reliance Broadcast Network Limited in association with Star India to honour personalities from the field of entertainment across movies, music, television, sports, theatre and dance. The award is touted to be a completely viewer driven award where in audience participation right from nominations to the final winners through SMS and online voting across the categories is used for deciding the winners. The award was announced on December 12, 2010 and the first ever nominations for 2010 Awards were published online through various entertainment websites on December 15.
Reliance Broadcast Network joined hands with Star India Ltd. in an alliance to create a unique platform called Big Star Entertainment Awards, which honours entertainers across genres like movies, music, television and sports. The awards were conceptualised by RBNL's marketing arm, Big Live. The organisers announced during the launch ceremony that the Big Star Entertainment Awards would have a completely audience driven selection process, from nominations to the final winners, ensuring the award recipients are truly the people’s choice in various field of movies, music, theatre, television series and sports. The Big Star Entertainment Awards was started with the ain of reaching out to Indian Audience across the country through each of the media platforms of both companies, ensuring multiple touch points to audiences. The first ever Big Star Entertainment Awards was held on 21 December 2010 at Bhavan's Grounds in Mumbai. The Awards were given immense promotion through various media outlets like Reliance Broadcast Network's verticals like 92.7 BIG FM, Big Street, Big Live and Big Digital.
The awards were launched in a public ceremony with Arshad Warzi unveiling the statuette of Big Star Entertainment Awards. Reliance Broadcast Network CEO Tarun Katial said, "We are very proud to announce the Big Star Entertainment Awards, an award with a high degree of consumer centricity and representing all Entertainment genres Indian’s love." He added the aim of the award was to celebrate entertainment the way audiences consume and enjoy it. Through this award, the audience are empowered to decide who their favourite entertainers are. He said "Delivered through engaging ideas and multiple touch points, this is a truly integrated property that is bound to create unprecedented impact, in its first year itself."
Star India COO Sanjay Gupta said, “The Big Star Entertainment Awards will witness the coming together of Star India and Reliance Broadcast Network, two of India’s biggest media companies, with complementary capabilities. Star India is the leading television network in the country reaching more than 400 million viewers weekly; and together we are all set to create superlative entertainment reaching out to our viewers across all platforms.” He added, "Today, almost 50 per cent of TV viewing happens in the entertainment space and December 31 night is a time when television viewing actually increases manifold because people are willing to sit together and watch TV. Therefore, we are sure that the property will pull in good eyeballs." Price Waterhouse Coopers were the auditors for the first award ceremony held in 2010.
There were 21 categories in the 2010 Big Star Entertainment Awards. These included 8 categories for the mainstream Hindi films, 4 for the Hindi television programmes and a set of 9 awards which honored the best shows and personalities of the 2000-2010 Decade.
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Film Actor - Male
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Film Actor - Female
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Director
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Film
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Song
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Music
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Singer (Male)
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Singer (Female)
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Role - Male
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Role - Female
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Social Role - Male
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Social Role - Female
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in an Action Role
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Actor in a Comic Role
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Television Fiction Show
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Television Reality Show
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Television Actor - Male
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Television Actor - Female
- BIG Star Most Entertaining Television Dancer
BIG Star Decade Honors
- BIG Star Film Actor (Male) of the Decade
- BIG Star Film Actor (Female) of the Decade
- BIG Star Director of the Decade
- BIG Star Film of the Decade
- BIG Star Music / Lyrics of the Decade
- BIG Star Singer of the Decade
- New Talent of the Decade (Male)
- New Talent of the Decade (Female)
- BIG Star TV Show of the Decade (Fiction)
- BIG Star TV Show of the Decade (Non-Fiction)
- BIG Star Personality of the Decade
- BIG Star Complete Entertainer of The Decade
- BIG Star Entertainer for 50 Years of Excellence in Film Industry
- ↑ "Star India & Reliance Broadcast Network launch Big Star Entertainment Awards". Business of Cinema. 16 December 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-03-24. https://web.archive.org/web/20120324233310/http://www.businessofcinema.com/news.php?newsid=17466. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
- ↑ "Star India & Reliance Broadcast Network launch Big Star Entertainment Awards". Business of Cinema. 20 December 2010. http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-12-20/news-interviews/28218818_1_choice-awards-big-star-entertainment-awards-vijender-singh. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
- ↑ . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhCIGPlm_z4.
- ↑ "RBNL-STAR come together to present Big Star Entertainment Awards". Media Mughals. 16 December 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-07-14. https://web.archive.org/web/20110714065119/http://www.mediamughals.com/News/1/13/Article/6611/RBNL-STAR_come_together_to_present_Big_Star_Entertainment_Awards.htm. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
- ↑ "RBNL-STAR come together to present Big Star Entertainment Awards". India Television. 15 December 2010. http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k10/dec/dec135.php. Retrieved 2010-12-22.
|Television Awards in India|
|Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group|
Reliance Communications · Reliance Capital · Reliance Power · Reliance Infrastructure · BIG Entertainment · Reliance Health · Mumbai Metro One · Delhi Airport Metro Express · Nanded Airport · Reliance Natural Resources · Dhirubhai Ambani Solar Park · Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge Center · Fiber-Optic Link Around the Globe · Reliance Venture · BIGFlix · BIG FM 92.7 · BIG TV · BIG Cinemas · BIGADDA · BIG Star Entertainment Awards · Reliance MediaWorks · Big CBS Prime · Big CBS Spark · Big CBS Love · Zapak · Java Green · Reliance General Insurance · Reliance Life Insurance · Reliance World · Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group
|Notable non-Indian Companies|