The Audioengine 5 (A5) is a pair of premium powered, wireless-ready (e.g. via Airport Express) bookshelf speakers. The A5 is compatible with any music player, game console, computer or TV equipped with 1/8" mini-jack or RCA outputs.
The following data have been extracted from the A5's setup guide.
- Type: 2.0 powered (active) bookshelf-style speaker system
- Power Output: 150W peak power total (50W RMS / 75W peak per channel), AES
- Inputs: Dual 1/8" stereo mini-jacks
- Outputs: USB Type A (power charging only), RCA L/R audio (full-range, non-adjustable)
- Voltages: 115/240V, 50/60 Hz manually switchable
- Amplifier Type: Dual Class AB monolithic
- Drivers: 5" Kevlar woofers, 20mm silk dome tweeters
- Signal-to-noise: >95dB (typical A-weighted)
- THD: <0.05% at all power settings
- Crosstalk: <50db
- Frequency response: 50 Hz-22 kHz +/-1.5dB
- Input impedance: 10K ohms unbalanced
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection, replaceable external main fuse
- Dimensions (each): 10.0”(H) x 7.0” (W) x 7.75” (D)
- Weight (LEFT speaker): 6.4 kg/14 lbs
- Weight (RIGHT speaker): 4 kg/9 lbs
- Materials and Construction: 25mm thick MDF cabinets, 20mm silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets, 5" Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils, Torroidal power transformer.
Critics have described the system as "strong bass, clear highs and powerful mid-range sound", "doesn't have a dock or a remote control, but produces a rich, full sound" and "excellent sound quality, integrated power supply and amplifier, lacks digital input". As of August 2011, Audioengine (the company) provides a thorough list of (balanced) professional reviews on its homepage.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Audioengine 5, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.