|The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (June 2016)|
Athiya Shetty (born 5 November 1992) is an Indian actress who appears in Bollywood films. She debuted in the romantic action film Hero for which she received the Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award and a Filmfare award nomination for the Best Female Debut. Athiya was a contestant in the dance show Dance Ki Takkar in 2016.
Early life and career
Shetty was born on 5 November 1992 to actor Sunil Shetty and director Mana Shetty in Mumbai. She has Punjabi, Gujarati and Tulu ancestry. Her father is a Tulu of Bunt community and her mother is of Punjabi and Gujarati descent.
Shetty studied at the prestigious Cathedral and John Connon School and later shifted to the American School of Bombay. While there, she participated in school plays alongside Shraddha Kapoor and Tiger Shroff. At the age of 18, she relocated alone in New York City to enroll at the New York Film Academy as she wanted to act in films.
In 2015, she made her acting debut in the romantic action film Hero. Produced by Salman Khan and directed by Nikkhil Advani, the film earned a total revenue of 33.37 crore (US$6.66 million). Shetty portrayed the role of a girl named Radha Mathur, who fell in love with a kidnapper who was paid to abduct her in order to extort her father. For her portrayal as Radha, she received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award and a Filmfare award nomination for the Best Female Debut. Bollywood Hungama, a leading website of India, wrote that ″Shetty needs some more time to improve her acting skills″. After her debut, she became the brand ambassador for the Indian franchise of Maybelline New York and featured in the Indian edition of high-profile magazine covers such as Cosmopolitan, Verve, Harper's Bazaar and many more.
Dance Ki Takkar 4
She participated in Dance Ki Takkar (season 4). She got eliminated two weeks after. Shilpa and Shahid had admired her and was pleased that she showed her talent to the nation. Post her elminiation, Shetty told in an interview that "I loved my journey on the show".
|2016||Dance Ki Takkar (season 4)||21st Place |
on 10 January 2016
- ↑ Sunil Shetty had a swell Diwali. Retrieved on 21 November 2015.
- ↑ Sooraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty bag best debut at Dada Saheb Phalke awards. mid-day (29 April 2016). Retrieved on 2016-08-20.
- ↑ Acting with dad will be weird: Athiya Shetty. indianexpress.com. Retrieved on 12 October 2015.
- ↑ Tuluvas hardworking: Sunil Shetty. deccanherald.com. Retrieved on 2 July 2016.
- ↑ Mumbai girls were safe when Balasaheb was alive: Suniel Shetty. Retrieved on 19 August 2015.
- ↑ Athiya Shetty: Lesser known facts. The Times of India. Retrieved on 2 July 2016.
- ↑ Athiya Shetty: My grandfather is larger than life for me as he has never discriminated between a boy and a girl. timesofindia.com. Retrieved on 12 October 2015.
- ↑ Hero Second Week Box Office Collection: Huge Crash. bollymoviereviewz.com. Retrieved on 12 October 2015.
- ↑ Sooraj Pancholi, Athiya Shetty bag best debut at Dada Saheb Phalke awards. mid-day.com. Retrieved on 2 July 2016.
- ↑ Hero Review. bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved on 12 October 2015.
- ↑ Marwah, Navdeep Kaur (9 February 2014). Athiya is definitely debuting opposite Sooraj: Suniel Shetty. Hindustan Times. Retrieved on 2016-06-06.
- ↑ 7 Times Athiya Shetty's Style Was On Point. cosmopolitan. Retrieved on 2 July 2016.
- ↑ Check out: Athiya Shetty on the cover of Harper's Bazaar India. bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved on 2 July 2016.
- ↑ GETTING TO KNOW ATHIYA SHETTY. vervemagazine.in. Retrieved on 2 July 2016.
- ↑ It was an nice experience on Dance Ki Takkar 4: Athiya Shetty. indianexpress.com. Retrieved on 12 January 2016.
|Dance Ki Takkar 4|