- View log • ) – (
- (Find sources: )
Non-notable actor lacking Ghits and GNEWS of substance. Appears to fails WP:BIO. Of the references included most are just listings, one is appears to be a PR notification (it is listed copied in many locations) and the other is mostly interview (primary reference). I do not see non-trivial coverage. reddogsix (talk) 03:53, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- I Disagree Greatly as the topic is VERY relevant to the culture of nollywood genre. This event has been covered in dozens of notable African media and even American press. Please view this link for further discussions on a previous topic Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Paparazzi_Eye_In_The_Dark The decision to delete was overturned because "It is a valuable piece of information about African cinema"
The use of Hollywood actors in Nollywood films has not happened until Paparazzi eye in the dark. She then went on to be the first to win awards in a very prestigious African Award Ceremony "NAFCA" in the USA where several Nollywood Actors flew into the US to attend. I have posted 40 links and 20 have covered this event. A editor removed 33 links because he didnt see Syr Laws name however some articles listed her by her original name. A different standard and sensitivity must be placed on the importance of a growing culture.<p>These most important links where deleted by an outside editor:
- (US SITE) MAKHO NDLOVU: http://makho-ndlovu.blogspot.com/2011/10/exclusive-interview-with-one-of.html
- (US SITE) SIMPLY RIDES: http://simplyrides.com/celebrity-ride-syr-law-volkswagen/
- (US SITE): BOLD MAGAZINE:http://issuu.com/emirsky/docs/bold_officialtest222
- Please View above, Thank you. Dustyairs (talk) 04:23, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- THESE LINKS WERE ALSO DELETED!! http://www.thevoicenewsmagazine.com/newsdetails.asp?id=330&cat_id=12 and the Chicago tribune link http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-02-24/entertainment/ct-mov-0225-chicago-closeup-20110224_1_native-heads-83rd-academy-awards-rabbit-hole/2 If you google Syl Law Nollywood Awards.. Several links appear that are NOT blogs or trivial.Dustyairs (talk) 04:36, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of Actors and filmmakers-related deletion discussions. • Gene93k (talk) 19:20, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- Comment Please see WP:SOURCES as what constitutes as a reliable reference. Blogspot is a blog, thus it is unreliable. The Simply Rides ref is a blog. chicagotribune ref never mention Syr. The Voice Newsmagazine ref is already in the article... Nigerian Voice and Voice magazine are done by the same people with the same staff. The Bold Magazine reference is a test. It was never published and no other editions were done. Please, no typing in caps. It is considered shouting and rude. Bgwhite (talk) 23:17, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- Intent was not to be shouting or rude, sorry and i apologize for the appearance.Frustrated may sum it up as i have had similar problems with topics dealing african cinema and its credibility issues. until someone comes along and understands the significance of the events taking place. I am frankly unsure what to do from this point as i have given cites from creditable african press. unfortunately the structure of there articles are not always standard and blog like articles are commonly used to relay info in those counties and determining credibility of foreign press is challenging at best to American audiences. The nigerian voice and voice magazine are 2 different dates and address two different subjects. both relevant to article as one also covers her induction into nollywood cinema.Dustyairs (talk) 13:44, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
- Relisted to generate a more thorough discussion so a clearer consensus may be reached.
- Please add new comments below this notice. Thanks, Ron Ritzman (talk) 02:37, 23 June 2012 (UTC)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Articles for deletion/Syr Law, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.