- View log • ) – (
- (Find sources: )
I don't agree that a "lesser" (term used very loosely) award received 10 years ago evidences this person's continual notability. That seems to be the singular assertion of notability. However I am interested in what other folks have to say. 15:50, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
- Oops - Heh, I moved it back to the AfC space before the AfD was filed (I think we were working on it at the same time...). It was clearly copy-pasted from there. Please ping me if you'd like me to undo my actions. ~ Matthewrbowker Talk to me 21:05, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
I don't think that the reason for being notable for an award received 10 years ago. I think the notability factor lies in how fast he grew the business in the small time frame. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Alli440 (talk • contribs) 04:49, 12 June 2012 (UTC) — Alli440 (talk • contribs) has made few or no other edits outside this topic.
- That doesn't meet WP:BIO, though. And since the aforementioned award was ostensibly for the same reason, that's why I raised the issue. Still interested in seeing what other folks think. 15:45, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- It depends on whether there was significant coverage noting his rapid rise. Observe also that this article was created by an indef-blocked editor with a possible conflict of interest, and the only other comment above is from an account that mysteriously appeared after the author's account was blocked. Those facts don't make the topic non-notable, but they do make it more difficult to justify keeping this article. ~Amatulić (talk) 16:10, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- Relisted to generate a more thorough discussion so a clearer consensus may be reached.
- Please add new comments below this notice. Thanks, — Mr. Stradivarius (have a chat) 04:03, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of Businesspeople-related deletion discussions. — Frankie (talk) 19:26, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of India-related deletion discussions. — Frankie (talk) 19:26, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
Sanjay Govil is one of the most impressive business figures in the Washington DC area in the USA and he has been considered as a role model by many budding entrepreneurs - Growing the company from 0 to 5000+ employees in 12 years is certainly notable. He came from an average middle class and grew to the upper echelons of business in the USA. He made it to the board of Wharton School and is a philanthropist in the areas of education. Given the current Asian immigration levels in the United States, Sanjay Govil is an iconic figure in the American Indian community and there are thousands that are trying hard to emulate him. Therefore, this makes Sanjay Govil a notable figure per the Wikipedia definition. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:28, 20 June 2012 (UTC) Sanjay Govil is a visionary entrepreneur who has built one of the fastest growing IT services organization in a short span of 12 years. Sanjay's growth from modest roots to a extremely successful entrepreneur clearly epitomizes the American Dream and serves as a ideal example for young people to follow. I do think, that this makes Sanjay a notable figure as per Wikipedia's definition. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 18:06, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Articles for deletion/Sanjay Govil, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.