- View log • ) – (
- (Find sources: )
Where to start? Firstly, it's difficult to find any information about this person because we don't know his full name, and there are a number of possibly-notable Gopalakrishnans whose first names start with "N." If it matters, WorldCat seems to think that it's "Narayanan."
What I have found, though, is a lack of significant coverage of him outside of promotional pieces. The bio details I thought would be easy to verify weren't; for instance, there's no mention of him working at/for the University of Alberta outside of his widely-spread copy/pasted peacock bio.
The article says he has "60 books to his credit," but WorldCat only knows about nineteen, and all of those are self-published, i.e., they don't count towards his notability (note: I don't think he wrote Mental Health and You, as there would have been a thirteen year gap between that and his next book; also, it's only 93 pages and no libraries appear to have it in their collection).
So far as his scientific career goes:
- The article says he has "50 scientific research papers in national and international scientific journals." Google scholar shows 73 articles by "N Gopalakrishnan" published between 1973-2001, but it's pretty clear that they weren't all written by the same person. I'm guessing that his are the ones about agriculture and food chemistry, which means that his highest-ranked article has 33 citations.
- The article claims that he has seven patents, but Google can't find any of them.
- I've found no sign of his "6 awards for scientific research, 9 science popularization awards from India and abroad," or "two fellowships."
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of Authors-related deletion discussions.
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of Academics and educators-related deletion discussions.
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of Hinduism-related deletion discussions.
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of Science-related deletion discussions.
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of India-related deletion discussions. Dori ☾Talk ⁘ Contribs☽ 01:54, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- Delete due to lack of evidence of notability so far produced. Xxanthippe (talk) 22:39, 16 June 2012 (UTC).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Works by or about N. Gopalakrishnan in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- ↑ Sunder, Rema (August 2010). Unravelling the Science Behind Spirituality. The Malayali Wings 4-5.
- ↑ Gopalakrishnan, N. (1986). Mental Health and You. India Book House. OCLC 657995890.
- ↑ Google Scholar
- ↑ Google patent search
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Articles for deletion/N. Gopalakrishnan, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.