The given page title was invalid or had an inter-language or inter-wiki prefix.
It may contain one or more characters which cannot be used in titles.
- View log • ) – (
- (Find sources: )
DELETE - This seems to be a "you pay and you get" organization. This article does not contain any direct and reliable references which may establish the notability of this society. The criteria for the award and the list of persons who have been awarded are also not known. The google listing shows many persons putting the tag of this ward which undermines the reputation of the award. So IMHO this organization fails to meet the notability standards as per Wikipedia. Over to opinions of experienced colleagues on wiki. Bharathiya 09:17, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- Keep I had considered the possibility of deleting this article over the same concerns. But on reflection, I realized that the notability of the organization is not tied to the value of its awards. The fact that the Indian press regularly (frequently even) mentions the granting of this organization's award lends credence to the notability of the organization. If the nominator (or anyone else) can find reliable sources indicating the "payola" nature of the award, that can be added to the article, but I was unable to find any such source. Even if that fact can be verified, it does not lessen the notability of the organization. Notability and reputation are not the same thing. WikiDan61ChatMe!ReadMe!! 11:26, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of India-related deletion discussions. • Gene93k (talk) 01:50, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
- Note: This debate has been included in the list of Organizations-related deletion discussions. • Gene93k (talk) 01:51, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
- Relisted to generate a more thorough discussion so a clearer consensus may be reached.
- Please add new comments below this notice. Thanks, Ron Ritzman (talk) 00:02, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- Keep As Wikidan61 says, the Glory of India/Bharat Jyoti Award seems to get a lot of press coverage in India. I can't comment on their corruptness, since the OP hasn't presented any evidence. --Colapeninsula (talk) 10:21, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Articles for deletion/India International Friendship Society (2nd nomination), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.