|This article relies on references to primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject, rather than references from independent authors and third-party publications. (June 2012)|
Apprendre2.0 is a online social network of more than 2200 French-speaking actors  mainly working in the education and in the training fields. Their project is to experiment and to understand the impact of the technologies on learning process. The major idea is that technologies are throwing us in a new meta-paradigm : the paradigm of learning to learn. In this change, citizens are invited to build and to live in a culture of Learning society through its networks.
The Social learning dynamics which are involved there, have already been studied for example by Kurt Lewin in "Psychologie dynamique - les relations humaines", by Chris Argyris and Donald Schön in "Organizational Learning" or by Peter Senge in The Fifth Discipline. In these models, the contribution of the technologies is important because they accelerate, amplify, modify the perspectives and the processes of Collective intelligence as well as identity transformations, analyzed in the light of the notions of individuation (Gilbert Simondon) and of transindividuation) (Bernard Stiegler).
In front of all "storms" driven by the digital new frontier, Apprendre2.0 represents, from its beginning, for its members and more, a sort of modeling of learning organization, applied to the world of education, training and social networks, trying to build a Design, scalable and consistent with the changing paradigm.
The creation of Apprendre2.0 answered two necessities :
- To Set up and to explore environments of collaborative work which offered, for the first time on the web, the possibility to build, in a simple and fast way, a thematic social network.
- To Bring, in a French language, a concrete and relevant answer to the needs of feedbacks about experiences, of exchanges and of learnings, on the theme " Apprenticeship and information and technology communication ".
In the beginning, a period of tests, of developments and of exchanges on a non-free platform was spread out from August, 2007 till July, 2011. Then the group decided to take a new direction in term of autonomy and chose to work exclusively on free tools. So it financed and operated a new platform, a completely open one this time, assembled around the software Buddypress hosted by the company OVH. It is the technical shape that the current version of Apprendre2.0 takes.
The Emergence of a global digital culture modifies profoundly and durably the way we reach to the information, through augmented Reality, semantic Web, Internet of Things, the new forms of User interface, Ubiquitous computing, etc. The challenge now consists in understanding how to transform the ambient informations into relevant knowledge, both on the individual and collective level, and thus, how to learn in the siècle of digital technology. Apprendre2.0 tries to bring a creative and sustainable answer by developing a type of learning organization articulated on a Lifelong learning to learn. Apprendre2.0 is thus an on-line social network of mutual knowledges exchanges, where we get into questions of apprenticeships in the era of the digital technology, and where we experiment, think around these exchanges about the apprenance, assuming completely the autopoïétic loops operated by this approach.
Indeed, the processes generates continuous iterations between a sort of formal training and informal training and commit the learners in a blend of cognitive approaches: Cognitivism, Connectionism, socio-Constructivism (learning theory), Enaction, etc... The retroactive feedback loops constitute the auto-organizing regulations of this approach (theory of Self-organization).
Methods of work
As in most social networks, the members of Apprendre2.0 cooperate on this platform in order to:
- Publish or comment an article on a subject, an idea or a questionning about "apprenance"
- Launch or to take part in a discussion within the forum
- Share a daily work of bookmarking about learning problems (This work has been specially analyzed in the doctoral thesis supported by Michèle Drechsler under the title " The practices of the socialbookmarking in the field of the education ")
- "The extracts of the interviews show that Socialbookmarking helps them (the members) to make
- decisions, to locate themselves, to learn how to learn." writes Michèle Drechsler (page 224)
- Collaborate on specific projects through working groups around thematic like the Generator Poïétique, the learning organizations or the "Moodle and learning environments 2.0"
- Give and/or receive a training between peers of Apprendre2.0 (logic of the networks of mutual knowledges exchanges)
- Promote a service or an event which presents a particular interest for the community of learning etc...
This participation in the "classic" network activities allows each members to focuse on remarquable news, to meet innovative and visionary people, to validate ideas or to discover new concepts… In the these conversations via technical medium, emerge (or not) some other forms, or some other ideas which are going to hold the attention of members, and which are going to be recognized as a sign making sense for each and/or for all. All these dynamics are phenomena of emergent intentionality (such as Francisco Varela made a description) whose Generator Poïétique constitutes a model.
In parallel, all these fundamental experiential activities make the material from which each member of the network learns to stand back and to thinks about his own practices of apprenticeship, so that he can develop these capacities permantly in a relevant way (Double loop learning).In this process, the reflexive distance creates the conditions of an autonomous construction of invariants linked to the competences of learning to learn. And this new cognitive skill precisely, which has something to do with the individuation and the transindividuation processes, will be reinvested and transferred on the in other new learning contexts.
Nota bene : In a context of digital perspective according to Olivier Auber, the legitimacy of the educational systems will credibly be more and more leaned and estimated on these meta-cognitive dynamics.
Apprendre2.0 is a sort of association, self financing her running costs, independent from any company, institution or influencer. The participation is built on voluntary work and on freedom. The registration is open and free.
Some common life rules structure the relations between the members: the respect for each other, the strictly located management of the promotional space and the follow-up of the editorial baseline based on the apprenance constitute the moderation criteria. This work of regulation is always made by the administrators' team  after publishing. Finally, the shape of the leadership is very strictly associated with the design of its working platform. It evolves naturally towards more distributed and more participative forms, while that the members walk steps by steps towards emancipation.
Today, the direct interactions on the website Apprendre2.0 are less frequent than in the beginning but Apprendre2.0 is one of the historic referents on the aspect of learning network online.
Reliable sources from independant organisations explain what learning networks bring in the educationnal and training fields :
- Educavox - http://www.educavox.fr/formation/analyses-27/Les-reseaux-sociaux-outils-d
- Centre - inffo http://www.centre-inffo.fr/Quand-les-acteurs-de-la-formation.html
- Cafoc - Apprendre2.0 is a resource for the regional education authority of Nantes about learning to learn - http://www.cafoc.ac-nantes.fr/ficpdf/publication/Infobulle89.pdf
Apprendre2.0 is quoted in some educational Listings too :
- Education - Lists of French-speaking websites under creative commons - http://www.sites-cc.infini.fr/index.php/Education
- Listing of Social Networks used in educational environments for educational purposes - http://www.educationalnetworking.com/List+of+Networks
At last, Apprendre2.0 will also have, to a certain manner, inspired some institutional initiatives such as the educational network Respire. - Its presentation makes us feel the propinquity between the two approaches.
- Official Website : http://www.apprendre2point0.org/
Notes and References
- ↑ List of the members of the network Apprendre2.0 - http://www.apprendre2point0.org/members/
- ↑ Kurt Lewin, « Psychologie dynamique - les relations humaines », (P.U.), 1975
- ↑ Chris Argyris and Donald Schön - Organizational Learning: to Perspective Theory of action - (Published by Addison Wesley Publishing Company) 1978
- ↑ Gilbert Simondon, "L'individuation a la lumiere des notions de forme et d'information", Millon Ed ., 2005
- ↑ Bernard Stiegler, "Transindividuation" on the website Ars Industrialis: http://arsindustrialis.org/vocabulaire-ars-industrialis/transindividuation
- ↑ Interview forum of practices - Brest http://www.lesetestic.com/2010/06/23/interview-de-florence-meichel-fondatrice-du-r%C3%A9seau-apprendre2-0/
- ↑ Master's degree of Consultant-teacher in Sciences and Techniques on 2003 - Theoretical chapter of the Florence Meichel's professional report, which was supervised by Michel Rebinguet (philosopher and systemic expert ) http://reseaux-apprenants.blogspot.co.uk/ - Michel Rebinguet is the author of three books : L'Audit de l'établissement scolaire http://books.google.fr/books?vid=ISBN2-7081-1159-0 - Ethique et pratique de l'audit : le cas des audits de formation http://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Ethique_et_pratique_de_l_audit.html?id=QKVmAAAACAAJ&redir_esc=y - Conduire un audit à visée participative http://www.eyrolles.com/Entreprise/Livre/conduire-un-audit-a-visee-participative-9782850086397
- ↑ Topic with discussion explaining the strategic choices - http://blogveilleflorencemeichel.blogspot.co.uk/2007/08/ning-create-your-own-social-networks.html
- ↑ Restructuration of the network Apprendre2.0 http://www.apprendre2point0.org/refonte-du-reseau-apprendre-20/
- ↑ "The digital world according to Florence Meichel" - interview for the Ecole Centrale of Marseille - http://centraliens-marseille.fr/archive/2009/10/30/le-monde-numerique-selon-florence-meichel.html
- ↑ H. Giordan and J. Saltet, learning to learn ( Librio) 2007
- ↑ "Apprenance" defined as follows by Philippe Carré and Pierre Caspar in their "Treaty of education sciences and techniques" : "a range of cognitive, affective and motivational dispositions that predispose to the learning activity in all formal or informal situations and in any possible way, either experiential or didactical, self-directed or not, intentional or casual. As a favourable attitude regarding commitment to "Lifelong" education, "apprenance" would than be a proactive self-educating attitude required in a knowledge-based society" (2004, p. 197).
- ↑ Between informal training and informal training - http://www.entreprisecollaborative.com/index.php/fr/articles/163-apprendre-en-reseau-entre-formel-et-informel
- ↑ Thesis of Michèle Drechsler - " The practices of the socialbookmarking in the field of the education "(Page 201 and following ones) http://www.ict-21.ch/com-ict/IMG/pdf/Drechsler-Michele-LMZ0914_1.pdf
- ↑ "Moodle and learning environment 2.0" group on apprendre2.0 - http://www.apprendre2point0.org/groups/moodle-et-environnement-dapprentissage-20/
- ↑ Francisco J. VARELA - Les organisations apprenantes - Le point de vue de Francisco Varela et Jeanne Mallet lors du colloque de mai 1995 organisé sur ce thème à l'Université de Provence, à Aix - Approches de l’intentionnalité : de l’intentionnalité aux groupes sociaux http://lambesc.educaix.com/cvmallet/dossier_texte/textesmallet/ouvrages/developpementpersonneetorg/txt_dpdo/dpdo06.htm
- ↑ Double loop learning - exemple - http://www.apprendre2point0.org/lidentite-cest-quoi/
- ↑ Digital perspective - http://perspective-numerique.net/wakka.php?wiki=Home
- ↑ balance of co-financing http://www.apprendre2point0.org/groups/publication/forum/topic/bilan-gestion-de-la-migration-pour-apprendre2-0/
- ↑ Charter of use - http://www.apprendre2point0.org/charte
- ↑ Co-administrators:
- Olivier Carbone ( webmester ) - http://toocarbone.free.fr/
- Sylvain Berube - http://www.sylvainberube.com/
- Florence Meichel - http://florencemeichel.blogspot.co.uk/
- Olivier Auber (scientific consultant) - http://perspective-numerique.net/wakka.php?Wiki=Home
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Apprendre2.0, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.