|This article relies on references to primary sources or sources affiliated with the subject, rather than references from independent authors and third-party publications. (January 2009)|
Anchor is an open source content management system originally developed by Visual Idiot. It is intended to be used as a light weight CMS designed in mind for art directed blog posts, but the feature set may expand in future versions. Anchor is written in PHP using a MySQL database backend. The current beta version is Anchor CMS 0.7
Anchor was reviewed by SpeckyBoy, a well known online design and web development magazine, in March of 2012.
Anchor offers a number of features and conveniences to users, site administrators and developers, including:
- Ease of publishing using direct HTML which permits experienced developers to publish content without having to deal with complicated tag systems. (though a more user friendly editor is planed for release)
- Preview of both the final "look" of content and of its XHTML.
- Standards-compliant HTML5 and CSS "out of the box", with all layout in the default setup handled via stylesheets.
- A commenting system, including several measures to combat spam.
- Syndication of site content via RSS and Atom.
- An integrated image management system which allows the association of images with particular pieces of content. (coming in a future release of Anchor)
- UTF-8 publishing and support for many languages, including English, French, Czech, Russian.
- Unlike most other blogging software, Anchor does not natively support Pingback or Trackback.
- Official Anchor CMS Website
- Anchor CMS Forum: Anchor CMS support forum.
- Anchor CMS User Documentation: Anchor CMS documentation wiki.
- Anchor CMS Function Reference
Sites using Anchor
- A personal portfolio site of french web developer Christopher Boutille
- Blog and portfolio of Christopher Armstrong
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Anchor cms, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.