File:Anand Reddi AMA Leadership Award.jpg|
2012 AMA Foundation Leadership Award
|Fields||Global Health, Cancer Research, Metabologen|
|Institutions||University of Colorado School of Medicine|
|Alma mater||University of Colorado School of Medicine|
2012 AMA Foundation Leadership Award 2012 Edwin E. Osgood Research Award
Anand Reddi is a frequent contributor to The Huffington Post as a featured blogger. His articles focus on U.S. global health policy including HIV/AIDS and issues involving healthcare and academic medicine.
In 2005, Reddi was a Fulbright Scholar assisting the Sinikithemba HIV/AIDS clinic at McCord Hospital in Durban, South Africa. His Fulbright research demonstrated that pediatric highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) is effective despite the challenges of a resource-limited setting.
In 2010, Reddi published a series of articles in The Huffington Post, The New York Times and The Washington Post. The articles challenged the Obama Administration’s flat-lining of global HIV treatment funds for the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). These articles, in collaboration with others, resulted in the Obama administration’s decision to recommit $366 million for HIV/AIDS initiatives in Uganda. For this work, Reddi received the 2012 American Medical Association (AMA) Foundation Leadership Award.
- ↑ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anand-reddi
- ↑ http://www.ur.umich.edu/0405/Nov15_04/03.shtml
- ↑ Reddi A, Leeper SC, Grobler AC, Geddes R, France KH, Dorse GL, Vlok WJ, Mntambo M, Thomas M, Nixon K, Holst HL, Karim QA, Rollins NC, Coovadia HM, Giddy J. Preliminary outcomes of a paediatric highly active antiretroviral therapy cohort from KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. BMC Pediatr. 2007 Mar 17;7:13. PubMed PMID 1736'7540; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC1847430.
- ↑ Reddi A, Leeper SC. Antiretroviral therapy adherence in children: outcomes from Africa. AIDS. 2008 Apr 23;22(7):906-7. PubMed PMID 18427213.
- ↑ Anand Reddi - The Huffington Post. HuffingtonPost.com. Retrieved on 2012-06-24.
- ↑ http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/02/AR2010080204774.html
- ↑ http://sciencespeaksblog.org/2010/07/08/medical-students-say-shifting-resources-away-from-hivaids-will-undermine-maternal-and-child-health/#axzz1ypHhUowF
- ↑ http://www.devex.com/en/news/obama-promises-to-step-up-aids-fight/68627?source=ArticleHomepage_Headline
- ↑ https://www.devex.com/en/news/eric-goosby-bill-clinton-defend-obama-s-aids/68608?lang=ja
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Anand Reddi, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.