|This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
Aman Verma (born Eleven October 1971) is an Indian television anchor and an actor. As an anchor, Verma is best known for hosting the famous game show Khullja Sim Sim on Star Plus from 2001 to 2004. His other hosting duties were with Mini Mathur in the first season of Indian Idol on Sony Entertainment Television and Zee TV's Zee Cinestars. He has also acted in Bollywood movies. Verma is currently seen in Hum Ne Li Hai- Shapath as ACP Diler Kumar. The show airs on Life OK every Saturday and Sunday at 9 PM. He also participated in the ninth season of Indian reality series Bigg Boss.
Aman Verma made his acting debut in the TV serial Pachpan Khambe laal Diwar with Meeta vashishta in 1987. Then he started his film career with, Sangharsh (1999), portraying a supporting role. He portrayed the role of Anupam Kapadia for four years in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. In 2002, Verma portrayed the lead role of Aditya Pratap Singh in Kehta Hai Dil, for which he won the Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Lead Role - Male in 2003.
In 2003, Verma starred in the film Pran Jaye Par Shaan Na Jaye as the solo lead opposite Rinke Khanna and in the film Koi Hai. In both films he portrayed solo leads. Later that year, he portrayed a supporting role in Baghban (2003), which starred Amitabh Bachchan and Hema Malini in lead roles. Verma anchored the game show, Khullja Sim Sim on Star Plus from 2001 to 2004, until he was replaced by TV actor, Hussain Kuwajerwala, who was his co-star in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. The two also starred together in another serial Kumkum, which aired on Star Plus.
Famous for his great anchoring skills, Verma has made special appearances in many hit films through his career as an anchor. He also portrayed a comedy role of Zubin in Jaan-E-Mann (2006). In that same year, Verma portrayed his first lead role in a TV serial on Viraasat, portraying a negative role.
He was in a TV serial Teen Bahuraniyaan playing the role of a man called Sumeet who was in a coma for the past few years whose children died but did not know it. He was also part of first season of reality show on Sony TV Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao, which is inspired from the British reality show I'm a Celebrity…Get Me out of Here!. He played a lead role as Kunal Mehra in Sony TV's Bayttaab Dil Kee Tamanna Hai.
He is playing character of an advocate in Director Shailendra Pandey's upcoming film JD.
Casting couch controversy
Verma was the target of a casting couch sting operation which was aired on India TV on March 2005. He was seen begging Suhaib Ilyasi to remove his footage from the sting operation. His career took a turn for the worst after the sting operation and he has recently resurfaced after 5 years by playing small character roles in television. Verma sued India TV CEO Rajat Sharma, programme manager Suhaib Ilyasi and journalist Ruchi, who was involved in the operation, alleging that the channel wanted to "blackmail and extort money" from him.
|2002||Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani||TV Host||Guest appearance|
|2003||Koi Hai||Raj Malhotra||First lead role|
|2003||Pran Jaye Par Shaan Na Jaye||Aman Joshi||Lead role|
|2004||Tum - A Dangerous Obsession||Yusuf Malik|
|2005||Home Delivery: Aapko... Ghar Tak||Hitesh|
|2005||Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!||Magic Show Presenter|
|2005||Dosti: Friends Forever||Anjali's husband|
|2006||Kachchi Sadak||Raghav Mehta|
|2006||Unns: Love... Forever||Advocate Sameer Shah|
|2008||Lakh Pardesi Hoiye||Garry||Punjabi film|
|2008||Desh Drohi||Sanjay Narayan Srivastav|
|2010||Ek Second... Jo Zindagi Badal De?|
|2010||Mar Jawan Gur Khake||Karan||Punjabi film|
|2010||Tees Maar Khan||Chaterjee|
|2011||Gandhi to Hitler||Balbir Singh|
|2011||U R My Jaan||Rahul|
|2012||Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai|
|2014||Dee Saturday Night|
|2016||JD||Advocate Pradhan||Hindi Film|
- Gharana as Prakash
- Dushman as Aman
- Samundar as Lawyer
- Shanti as Ramesh
- Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi as Anupam Kapadia
- Do Lafzon Ki Kahani as Raj
- Kalash as Ram
- Kehta Hai Dil as SP Aditya Pratap Singh
- Devi as Vasu
- Kumkum as Abhay Chauhan
- Indian Idol as Host (Seasons 1 & 2)
- Mahabharat Katha as Karna's Son
- Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin as Prosecuting Lawyer
- Piya Kay Ghar Jana Hai (Pakistani telenovela)
- Viraasat as Rishabh Lamba
- Idea Zee Cinestars as Host
- Teen Bahuraaniyaan as Sumit Desai
- Sujata as Viresh Shah
- Kaun Banega Crorepati as Himself
- "Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao as himself
- "Choti Bahu as asur/Vishwanat (Antagonist )
- Bayttaab Dil Kee Tamanna Hai as Kunal Mehra
- Na Aana Is Des Laado as Bhanu Pratap
- Khullja Sim Sim as Host
- Ramleela - Ajay Devgn Ke Saath as Ravana
- Welcome - Baazi Mehmaan-Nawaazi ki as Himself
- SuperCops vs Supervillains as ACP Diler Kumar
- Bigg Boss 9 as Himself - Evicted on Day 42
|2003||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actor in a Lead Role - Male||Kehta Hai Dil||Won|
|2015||Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Actor in a Negative Role||Viraasat||Won|
- ↑ http://www.expressindia.com/news/fullstory.php?newsid=47739 Aman Verma's 'casting couch' court date
- ↑ http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Aman-Verma-verifies-in-the-sting-case/articleshow/1088906.cms Aman Verma verifies in the sting case
- ↑ Aman Verma verifies in the sting case - Times Of India. indiatimes.com. Retrieved on 28 August 2011.
|Bigg Boss 9|