Allison Amling Weiss (born April 13, 1987) is a New York-based indie-pop singer-songwriter. In late 2009, Weiss created a Kickstarter project to press her first full-length. After reaching her goal in 10 hours and tripling it over 2 months, she became a poster-child for internet promotion and appeared in The New York Times, Wired Magazine, and as a panelist at SXSW 2010.
Weiss first picked up a guitar at age 14 in an attempt to become a punk rock star and impress her high school crush. Though the plan was somewhat successful, the teenage romance died after one short month. Her undying love for music lived on. Across the next five years, Weiss would move from her hometown to pursue a degree in Graphic Design
|...Was Right All Along||Third studio record, and first full-length album.||24 November 2009|
|Teenage Years||Monthly song series finishing January 2013.||1 February 2012 - 1 January 2013|
|An Eight-Song Tribute to Feeling Bad & Feeling Better||Recorded during the summer of 2006 at End of Autumn Studios in Marietta, GA.||16 January 2007|
|Winter Mix Tape||Recorded at 32A Studios, Athens GA.||14 December 2007|
|The Only Girl at an All Boys Pool Party||Recorded in 2007/2008 at 100 Percent STudios in Athens, GA.||25 July 2008|
|& The Way She Likes It||Recorded in Spring/Summer 2008 at Chase Park Transduction Studio in Athens, GA. Reported on by Billboard.com||10 October 2008|
|I Was An Island||A few re-interpretations of older songs, including a remix of "Why Bother" by The Age of Rockets. Received Favourable reviews. Physical versions are 7" records which are handmade, printed, and shipped by Weiss herself.||29 November 2011|
In 2008, Weiss recorded a live album at Sidewalk NYC, appropriately titled "Live at Sidewalk NYC". It was released as a free album on Weiss's bandcamp page. The blog Kissing Tigers called it a "delightful introduction...for those who were up until now unfamiliar with her work"
Weiss has toured and performed with a number of artists in the Brooklyn NYC music scene including Bess Rogers, Lelia Broussard and Jenny Owens Young. More recently, she has toured with Field Mouse, playing Bass Guitar, and performed with Brooklyn Synth-Pop duo, Mitten.
- ↑ "The Ninth Annual Year in Ideas". The New York Times. (2009). Retrieved on May 27, 2012.
- ↑ Music Speaker Spotlight: Yancey Strickler. Retrieved on 28 May 2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Allison Weiss - About Page. Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
- ↑ Allison Weiss is graduating! Graphic Design Senior Exhibition May 1st. Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
- ↑ Allison Weiss: Related stories | Georgia Magazine. Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
- ↑ The Teenage Years | Allison Weiss. Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
- ↑ Concepcion, Mariel. Allison Weiss. Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
- ↑ Why Bother (The Age of Rockets Remix). Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
- ↑ The Age of Rockets - Tumblog Post. Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
- ↑ Allison Weiss – I Was an Island. Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
- ↑ Allison Weiss - Live at Sidewalk NYC (2008). Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
- ↑ The Adventures of Allison Weiss and Bess Rogers. Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
- ↑ Allison Weiss / Field Mouse / Ian Axel - Event Page. Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
- ↑ Allison Weiss and Mitten - Together Again. Retrieved on 29 May 2012.
|This article about an American musician could benefit from further information. You can help us by expanding it.|
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Allison Weiss, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.