Alexandra Alrey "Ali" Cobrin (born July 21, 1989) is an American actress. She is best known for her role as Molly in the Showtime series Look, and as Kara in the 2012 film American Reunion. She has an older brother, professional track athlete Micky Cobrin.
Cobrin was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. She attended high school at the Chicago Academy for the Arts where she majored in musical theater. Growing up, she trained to become a classical ballerina and competed in the Junior Olympics.
Cobrin began her entertainment career as an improvisation player in Second City's teen ensemble and danced with the Burklyn Ballet Theater touring Scotland, where she performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. During that same time, Cobrin had workshopped Broadway musicals, including All That Jazz and Wonderland, which were directed by Ben Verreen and Frank Wildhorn, respectively. After graduating high school at the age of 17, Cobrin moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue an acting career.
Upon moving to Los Angeles, Cobrin had her first movie acting role in a 2008 short film entitled, One. That same year, she starred in another short film called, Jack Turner and the Reluctant Vampire, where it won two awards in the Los Angeles Accolade Competition. In 2009, Cobrin had a supporting role in The Hole, a 3D film directed by internationally renown sci-fi and comedy director Joe Dante. The film would win the first Premio Persol award for best 3-D movie at the 2009 Venice Film Festival. In 2010, Cobrin made her debut television appearance in Kings by Night, a comedy pilot for Spike TV, and Showtime's LOOK., Later that year, she had a lead actress role in the movie, Cold Cabin, and appeared opposite to rap superstar B.o.B in the Adidas Originals shoe campaign commercial, MEGA Diner., In 2011, she guest starred in the television series, Friends with Benefits. In 2012, Cobrin had a breakout supporting role in American Reunion, a sequel in the American Pie film series. Her most current role is in Life’s an Itch, which is still in post-production.
|2008||Jack Turner and the Reluctant Vampire||Val||Short film|
|2010||Kings by Night||Amber||TV film|
|2012||Life's an Itch||Gillian Gracin|
|2010||LOOK: The Series||Molly||Main role; 11 episodes|
|2011||Friends with Benefits||Hope Prater||"The Benefit of Being Shallow" (season 1: episode 9)|
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jonhurwitz/status/226737705885777920
- ↑ Tadeo, Jr., Danilo. Ali Cobrin. IMDb. IMDb. Retrieved on 13 May 2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Cudworth, Tom. Dancing For Krumholtz. The Common Tongue. Retrieved on 8 April 2012.
- ↑ Rifkin, Adam. LOOK THE SERIES. SHOWTIME. Retrieved on 8 April 2012.
- ↑ Cobrin, Ali. Bio. Ali Cobrin. Retrieved on 8 April 2012.
- ↑ Chang, Michael M.. One(IV)(2008). IMDb. Retrieved on 8 April 2012.
- ↑ Baclig, O.J.. Jack Turner and the Reluctant Vampire (Video 2008). IMDb. Retrieved on 8 April 2012.
- ↑ Carvalho, Claudio. The Hole (2009). IMDb. Retrieved on 8 April 2012.
- ↑ IMDb. Kings by Night (2010). IMDb. Retrieved on 8 April 2012.
- ↑ IMDb. Look (2010-). IMDb. Retrieved on 8 April 2012.
- ↑ IMDb. Cold Cabin. IMDb. Retrieved on 8 April 2012.
- ↑ Friends with Benefits (2011). IMDb. Retrieved on 8 April 2012.
- ↑ American Reunion (2012). IMDb. Retrieved on 8 April 2012.
- ↑ Life's an Itch (2012). IMDb. Retrieved on 8 April 2012.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Ali Cobrin, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.