|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016)|
Alesia Raut (born December 21, 1981) is an Indian model, VJ, and a fashion Choreographer. She had anchored a travel show on STAR One. And she was a contestant in a TV reality show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (season 4). Alesia had also featured in some item songs such as Meri Beri Ber and Ek Aankh Maro. She is currently the official ramp walk trainer of Femina Miss India and Miss India Universe pageants.
Alesia was born in Moscow, Russia to an Indian father and a Russian mother. She attended Bombay Cambridge Gurukul (Andheri E) and graduated in commerce from Mithibai College in Juhu. She has a sister, Anjali Raut who is a former model in Mumbai and a brother, Amit Raut. Alesia married Alexander Yanovskiy, a Russian Economist. She moved to Moscow but the marriage failed and she returned to India with her son.
Alesia, had never imagined making it into modeling. However a neighbour took some pictures and sent them to the look of year contest 1999, organized by Times Group in India. She became a finalist in the ‘Look of the year-1999’ Contest. After the failure of her marriage, she returned to Mumbai from Moscow, Russia along with her son Mark. Her sister Anjali, who was a well-established model, got her back into contact with some fashion choreographers including Lubna Adams, Noyonika Chatterjee and Marc Robinson. She restarted her modeling life despite being married. She was soon busy, including modeling for the prestigious Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) shows and Inter National Institute of Fashion Design (INIFD)Shows. She had done runway in many shows such as Manish Malhotra. And she also played the role of a model in Madhur Bhandarkar's Movie Fashion (2008 film) which starring Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut, Mugdha Godse and Arjan Bajwa. She was a contestant in Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (season 4) hosted by Akshay Kumar. She featured in an item song from the movie Karu Toh Karu Kya and she featured in the music videos Meri beri ke ber and Ek aankh maro.
- ↑ 'alesia raut model turn item girl'. Retrieved on 20 April 2013.
- ↑ 'Alesia Raut contestant Fear Factor'. Retrieved on 20 April 2013.
- ↑ 'Khatron ke Khiladi contestant Alecia-Raut'. Retrieved on 19 April 2013.
- ↑ ' Alesia Raut couture week models gallery'. Retrieved on 19 April 2013.
- ↑ "' Alesia Raut happily married but still modeling'". The Times Of India. http://www.indiatimes.com/fashion/happily-married-but-still-modelling-33346.html. Retrieved 19 April 2013.
- ↑ ' Alesia Raut with her son in Manish Malhotra Fashion show in AID OF CPAA'. Retrieved on 19 April 2013.
- Media related to Alecia Raut at Wikimedia Commons