|The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (November 2012)|
|A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. It may require cleanup to comply with Wikipedia's content policies, particularly neutral point of view. Please discuss further on the talk page. (November 2012)|
Alert is a free mobile application developed on MicroStrategy Gateway technology that allows users to follow their favorite Facebook Pages in one integrated place on their mobile device. The app includes the ability to view and respond to upcoming events, look at photos, post comments and “like” updates, watch videos and listen to music online.
Alert was released on July 12, 2011, and is currently available for iPhone, with plans announced to make the application available on other mobile platforms as well as Facebook Web. The app is free for download from the Apple App Store.
Some of the features of the Alert application are:
- Categorization of followed Facebook Pages
- Facebook Events list, navigable by map location
- Interaction with Facebook Page posts through the “like”, share and comment abilities
- Multimedia content, including photos, videos and music
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "MicroStrategy Launches Alert App Allowing Facebook Fans to Follow Their Favorite Celebrities and Brands". CNBC. July 12, 2011. http://www.cnbc.com/id/43722341/MicroStrategy_Launches_Alert_App_Allowing_Facebook_Fans_to_Follow_Their_Favorite_Celebrities_and_Brands_Combines_the_Power_of_Twitter_with_the_Content_of_Facebook.
- ↑ Alert website (July 12, 2011).
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Alert (application), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.