The Actuarial Society of South Africa HIV/AIDS Models, also known as (ASSA AIDS models) are a series of mathematical models developed to assist the actuarial profession and the Actuarial Society of South Africa in assessing and addressing the impact of the HIV and AIDS epidemic in South Africa. The models have been developed by the AIDS Committee of the society and the Center for Actuarial Research (CARe) at the University of Cape Town in Cape Town, South Africa.
ModelsIn 1996 the first and earliest version of ASSA AIDS model ASSA500 was developed by the AIDS Committee of the society.
The ASSA2008 model is the most recent version of ASSA AIDS and demographic model which was released in March 2011.
- ↑ South Africa HIV AIDS Statistics and Actuarial Society of South Africa HIV/AIDS Models
- ↑ Actuarial Society of South Africa
- ↑ AIDS Committee Publications till date
- ↑ ASSA AIDS Models
- ↑ Harvard School of Public Health Report on ASSA HIV AIDS Models
- ↑ ASSA500 the first model of AIDS Committee.
- ↑ The ASSA2008 model the most recent model
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Actuarial Society of South Africa HIV/AIDS Models, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.