The band was formed in the 1980's in San Diego by first generation Korean-American John Lee. By 1990 Lee had establised the name aMiniature.The band's name was inspired by a poster hanging in the office of John's father that showed miniature bulbs. In addition, The "a" in the title is not pronounced, but was added to distinguish the group's name from a jazz ensemble with the same name.
During the time of Depth 5 Rate 6, John worked as a receptionist at UCSD.
Over the course of its duration, the band went through many lineup changes, with Lee and Colin Watson remaining as consistent members. The group disbanded in 1997.
- John Lee (guitar, vocals, 1990-1997)
- Colin Watson (bass)
- Kevin Wells (guitar)
- Mark Monteith (guitar)
- Devon Goldberg (guitar)
- Christian Hoffman (drums)
- Mark Trombino (drums)
- "Plexiwatt" (1992, Scheming Intelligensia, 1994 Restless Records))
- "Depth 5 Rate 6" (1994, Restless Records)
- "Murk Time Cruiser" (1995, Restless Records)
- "You Got Lucky: A Tribute to Tom Petty" (Volcano 3, 1994)
- "Ear of the Dragon" (Fortune 5, 1995)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article AMiniature, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.