3MB: (from left) Jinder Mahal, Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre in January 2013|
3MB: (from left) Jinder Mahal, Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre in January 2013
The International House of Hits|
3MB (Three Man Band)
The Union Jacks
The Fabulous 3Birds
The Plymouth Rockers
6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) - (Slater)|
6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) - (Mahal)
6 ft 5 in (1.96 m) - (McIntyre)
September 21st, 2012
3MB, also known as Three Man Band is an alliance of professional wrestlers in WWE that play the role of heels. The group contains Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, and Drew McIntyre. It was formed on the September 21, 2012 episode of WWE SmackDown! (taped the 18th) when McIntrye and Mahal saved Slater from a match against Brodus Clay.
On the September 21, 2012 episode of Smackdown!, Heath Slater wrestled a singles match with Brodus Clay that ended in a disqualification when Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal interfered, preventing a pinfall. After the match officially ended Mahal, Slater, and McIntyre assaulted Clay, each utilizing their finishers. In a backstage interview with Matt Striker they joked they were considering forming a band, but they all played the same instrument, the drums, leading to Striker calling them "The International House of Hits".
The stable was called "The Band" by Raw commentators during an October 1 attack on Santino Marella. They again attacked Marella, and his tag team partner Zack Ryder, on the next two episodes of Raw. Mahal and Slater, accompanied by McIntyre, then defeated Marella and Ryder in a tag team match.
At the TLC pay per view, 3MB's winning streak came to an end at the hands of The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and the Brooklyn Brawler. The next night at the Slammy Awards show, 3MB lost again to Miz, Del Rio, and Tommy Dreamer. Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal often interfere in Slater's matches at Slater's behest, defending the leader of the trio. On the 20th Anniversary of Raw on January 14, 2013, 3MB won an Over the Top Challenge against Sheamus. Slater and McIntyre represented 3MB in the NXT Tag Team Championship tournament to crown the inaugural champions, but were defeated in the first round by Adrian Neville and Oliver Grey on the January 23 NXT. they participated in the Royal Rumble but all of them were eliminated. On the April 12 edition of SmackDown! 3MB, attempted to ambush Triple H as he was addressing Brock Lesnar, however The Shield then came out and attacked them. On the April 15 Raw, 3MB called out The Shield but instead it was Brock Lesnar who came out and attacked the three of them, and delivering the F-5 on Slater twice on the barricade. On the April 29 episde of Raw, 3MB attacked The Shield, but The Shield would quickly turned the tables on them. Team Hell No came to the ring, seemingly to aid 3MB, but The Shield escaped and Team Hell No attacked 3MB instead.
On the November 11 episode of Raw, while on tour in the UK, 3MB changed their name to The Union Jacks, but were defeated by Santino Marella and Los Matadores. On the November 13 edition of WWE Main Event, Slater and McIntyre would defeat The Prime Time Players. On the November 15 episode of SmackDown!, The Union Jacks were defeated by R-Truth and The Prime Time Players. On the country music edition of Raw on 18 November, 3MB competed as The Rhinestone Cowboys in which McIntyre and Mahal lost to R-Truth and the debuting Xavier Woods in Nashville. Similarly, this trend of name changes continued to amount the group losses as they also lost to The Prime Time Players on SmackDown!, as The Fabulous 3Birds, which was a play on legendary tag team, The Fabulous Freebirds. On the November 29 episode of Smackdown!, they were billed as The Plymouth Rockers, a play on The Rockers tag team, even coming out to the Rockers' theme music, and faced Los Matadores, along with their mascot, El Torito in a losing effort. On the January 6, 2014 episode of Raw, which saw 3MB defeated by Rikishi and Too Cool.
- Slater's finishing moves
- Mahal's finishing moves
- McIntyre's finishing moves
- Entrance themes
- ↑ http://www.wwe.com/videos/the-band-talks-about-making-an-impact-after-their-attack-on-santino-wwe-app-excl-26056446
- ↑ http://www.wwe.com/videos/the-union-jacks-drop-by-the-wwe-app-wwe-app-exclusive-nov-11-2013-2616310
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU6hRyQ_das
- ↑ http://www.wwe.com/videos/r-truth-and-prime-time-players-vs-the-union-jacks-smackdown-nov-15-2013-26164
- ↑ http://www.uproxx.com/sports/
- ↑ http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/3MB
- ↑ http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Wrestling/ThreeMB
- ↑ http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/3mb
- ↑ http://www.wrestlezone.com/
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSLLPQyfww4
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBGwQg4FnsY
- ↑ Caldwell, James. CALDWELL'S WWE SURVIVOR SERIES PPV REPORT 11/18: Complete "virtual time" coverage of live PPV – Punk-Cena-Ryback. Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved on 9 December 2012.
- ↑ Caldwell, James. CALDWELL'S SATURDAY SLAM RESULTS 11/24: Usos vs. 3MB main event, pie-eating contest, no Cena. Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved on 9 December 2012.
- ↑ Parks, Greg. PARKS' WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 12/7: Complete coverage of the Friday night show, including Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio, Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett. Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved on 9 December 2012.
- ↑ Bishop, Matt. WWE NXT: HBK kicks off tag title tournament. SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved on 25 January 2013.
- ↑ http://www.3mb.org/
- ↑ http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2013/1224/568608/new-temporary-member-of-3mb-revealed/
- ↑ http://heath-slater.net/
- ↑ http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1397650-wwe-raw-live-coverage-reaction-and-analysis-for-november-5-2012
- ↑ Caldwell, James. PARKS' WWE SMACKDOWN REPORT 12/30: Complete coverage of the Friday night show, including Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett, Falls Count Anywhere. Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved on 31 December 2011.
- ↑ James, Justin. JAMES'S WWE SUPERSTARS REPORT 11/24: Zeke vs. Kidd main event, DiBiase vs. Mac worth watching. Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved on 31 December 2011.
- ↑ Martin, Adam. Smackdown Results - 8/13/10. Wrestleview. Retrieved on 14 August 2010.
- ↑ Parks, Greg (29 January 2010). WWE SmackDown Report 1/29: Ongoing "virtual time" coverage of the show, including Morrison vs. McIntyre, no-DQ match for the IC Title. PWTorch. Retrieved on 2 February 2010.
- ↑ Meltzer, Dave (13 December 2009). WWE Tables, Ladders and Chairs PPV live coverage. Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Retrieved on 24 May 2011.
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Da6QhtrjI
- ↑ http://www.wwe.com/videos/3mb-entrance-video-26074008
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKfYTy8wHjY
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk41a1NpRu4
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIahA4AH0Uk
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article 3MB (professional wrestling), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.