The 2032 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the XXXV Olympiad, are a forthcoming international multi-sport event. Bidding for the host city will begin in 2023, with the winning bid to be announced in 2025 at the 140th IOC Session. There are currently about 18 possible options to cut off before publishing official Wikipedia article.
Potential bids under consideration
- Rhine-Ruhr with sailing venue in Kiel, Germany
- Budapest-Debrecen-Györ-Szeged, Hungary
- Milan-Naples-Rome-Turin, Italy
- Warsaw with other largest willing cities around the country, Poland
- St. Petersburg-Kazan-Sochi, Russia
- Madrid with other largest willing cities around the country, Spain
- Stockholm-Götaland, Sweden with other willing cities and countries in Northern Europe
- Manchester with Wales and other required cities in The Midlands and Northern England, United Kingdom
- Main article: Delhi bid for the 2032 Summer Olympics
- During a meeting with IOC President Thomas Bach, IOA President Narinder Batra expressed India's interest in hosting the 2032 Summer Olympics. Thomas Bach on response said India has the ability to host the mega event but advised to wait untill the bidding procedure starts. India had previously hosted the 1951,1982 Asian Games and the 2010 Commonwealth Games all being held in Delhi. India has also expressed their interest in 2026 Youth summer Olympics and 2030 Asian Games.
- On 1 September 2018 the President of Indonesia announces in a meeting in Bogor with the presidents of the International Olympic Committee and the Olympic Council of Asia that Indonesia will bid to host the 2032 Olympics following the success of the 2018 Asian Games.
- Main article: Korea bid for the 2032 Summer Olympics
- The two Koreas announced that they will pursue a joint bid to host the 2032 Olympic Games in a statement released on 19 September 2018 following a summit between North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in.
- Main article: Manila bid for the 2032 Summer Olympics
- On 20 August 2018 the President of the Philippines announces in a meeting in Jakarta with the presidents of the International Olympic Committee and the Olympic Council of Asia that Philippines will bid to host the 2032 Olympics following the success of the 2030 Asian Games.
- Main article: Brisbane bid for the 2032 Summer Olympics
- Former Vice-President of the IOC and current President of the AOC John Coates strongly supports a bid from Brisbane for the 2032 Summer Olympics. Following speculation, a feasibility study was also commissioned by the Southeast Queensland Council of Mayers with the outcome due back by the end of the year. South East Queensland has previously hosted the 2018 Commonwealth Games in the Gold Coast, while the country of Australia has previously hosted the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne and the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney.
- Main article: Melbourne bid for the 2032 Summer Olympics
- The Committee for Melbourne supports a potential bid from from Melbourne for the 2032 Summer Olympics. Melbourne has previously hosted the 1956 Summer Olympics as well as the 2006 Commonwealth Games while the country of Australia has previously hosted the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney. Melbourne had also unsuccessfully bid for the 1996 Summer Olympics, which were awarded to Atlanta in 1990.
- Main article: Buenos Aires bid for the 2032 Summer Olympics
- Buenos Aires bid to host the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics. It was stated that the successful bid could lead to a bid for the 2028 or 2032 Summer Olympic Games. The city also hosted the 125th IOC Session in 2013. Rio de Janeiro will stage the first Summer Olympic Game in South America in 2016. Buenos Aires could potentially be the second city on the continent to stage the event. Buenos Aires bid to host the 1936, 1956, 1968, and 2004 Summer Olympics, but lost to Berlin, Melbourne, Mexico City and Athens respectively. On 4 July 2013 Buenos Aires was elected as the host city of the 2018 Summer Youth Olympics.
- ↑ "Plans take shape for German 2032 Olympics bid" (in en). SportBusiness Group. 2018-04-19. https://www.sportbusiness.com/sport-news/plans-take-shape-german-2032-olympics-bid.
- ↑ Петербург может претендовать на летнюю Олимпиаду в 2032 или 2036 году. regnum.ru. Retrieved on 23 March 2018.
- ↑ "Egypt considers applying to organize 2030 World Cup, 2032 Olympics: minister - Egypt Independent" (in en-US). Egypt Independent. 2018-07-11. http://www.egyptindependent.com/egypt-considers-applying-to-organize-2030-world-cup-2032-olympics-minister/.
- ↑ Ghana Announces Bid For 2032 Summer Olympic Games. gamesbids.com. Retrieved on 6 August 2015.
- ↑ Desk, India.com Sports (2018-04-21). "Mumbai Likely to Host Olympic Games 2032, Youth Olympic Games 2026" (in en). India.com. http://www.india.com/sports/mumbai-likely-to-host-olympic-games-2023-youth-olympic-games-2026-3013142/.
- ↑ "Depth in Winter 2018: The unforgettable stories from Pyeongchang". ESPN.com. http://www.espn.com.au/olympics/winter18/story/_/id/22573558/winter-olympics-2018-stories-pyeongchang-never-forget.
- ↑ Wright, Stephen (1 September 2018). Indonesia announces surprise bid for 2032 Olympics. Associated Press.
- ↑ "North, South Korea agree to pursue joint 2032 Olympic Games bid" (in en). Reuters. 2018-09-19. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-olympics-2032-koreas/north-south-korea-agree-to-pursue-joint-2032-olympic-games-bid-idUSKCN1LZ0FL?feedType=RSS&feedName=newsOne.
- ↑ "These Countries Are Already Building Bids For The 2032 Olympic Games" (in en-US). https://www.flotrack.org/articles/5068243-these-countries-are-already-building-bids-for-the-2032-olympic-games.
- ↑ Subscribe to The Australian | Newspaper home delivery, website, iPad, iPhone & Android apps (en).
- ↑ Crockford, Ruth McCosker, Toby (2018-04-14). South-east Queensland still chasing 2032 Olympics (en).
- ↑ Push for Melbourne 2032 Olympic Games bid prompts calls for national co-ordination. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved on 6 August 2015.
- ↑ Argentine Olympic Committee President hints at 2028 Summer Olympic bid. Insidethegames.biz (2012-05-26). Retrieved on 2014-02-10.
- ↑ Buenos Aires elected as Host City for 2018 Youth Olympic Games. Olympic.org. Retrieved on 2014-02-10.
- ↑ "IOC awards Olympic Games broadcast rights to NBCUniversal through to 2032". Olympic.org. 2014-05-07. http://www.olympic.org/news/ioc-awards-olympic-games-broadcast-rights-to-nbcuniversal-through-to-2032/230995. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
|Summer Olympic Games |
XXXV Olympiad (2032)
| Succeeded by|
|Bids for the Olympic Games|
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article 2032 Summer Olympics, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.