|This article needs improvement which may include extra references, copyediting and updating.|
The siege on Pakistan Embassy in Dhaka took place when hundreds of protesters gathered outside the Pakistan High Commission building in Dhaka's Gulshan diplomatic enclave after they broke through barbed wire barricades.
The incidence took place when Pakistan Parliament passed a resolution condemning the execution of Bangladeshi JI's secretary-general Abdul Qadir Molla who was hanged on 12 December 2013. Ultimately, Bangladesh summoned Pakistan's High Commissioner in Dhaka to lodge its protest over the resolution adopted by the National Assembly of Pakistan expressing concern over the execution Jamaat-e-Islami Bangladesh leadr Abdul Quader Molla.
Tension arisen when many political activists called for "cuting off its diplomatic ties with Pakistan and issued ultimatum for laying the siege of the high commission building. At 3:00PM, the protestors moved marched towards the High Commission protesting against Pakistan and the marchers congregated there chanting anti-Pakistan slogans. A shoe was thrown by a protester who along with 50-60 protesters rushed to the embassy gate, chanting slogan "Joy Bangla" (Victory of Bengal). At the Chittagong University, the protesters set fire to Pakistan's flag; similar incidents took place in all over the country.
Meanwhile, Pakistan condemned the storming of Pakistan High Commission in Dhaka and the incidents of burning of Pakistan's flags by the Bangladeshi protesters. The Foreign Office released the official statement, quoting that "Bangladesh is Pakistan's neighboring Islamic country and Pakistan wants to strengthen ties with it." Following the incidence, the security was tightened in and around the building that houses the High Commission of Pakistan in Dhaka.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Monitoring report (December 19, 2013). "Thousands storm Pak High Commission in Dhaka". The News International, 2013. http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-13-27391-Thousands-storm-Pak-High-Commission-in-Dhaka. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- ↑ Web desk (December 17, 2013). "Bangladesh summons Pakistan High commissioner over NA resolution". Express Tribune, 2013. http://tribune.com.pk/story/646780/bangladesh-summons-pakistan-high-commissioner-over-na-resolution/. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- ↑ Staff (18 December 2013). "Ultimatum to sever ties with Pakistan". Bangladesh news. http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2013/12/18/ultimatum-to-sever-ties-with-pakistan. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- ↑ Staff (December 19, 2013). "Dhaka protesters call for expulsion of Pak envoy over Molla resolution". Daily Times, Pakistan. http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2013\12\19\story_19-12-2013_pg1_2. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- ↑ "Situation Bangladesh". Ministry of Foreign Affairs. http://www.mofa.gov.pk/pr-details.php?prID=1603. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- ↑ Reports (19 December 2013). "Security beefed up at Pak HC in Dhaka". Financial express. http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.com/2013/12/18/9405. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- Staff Reporter (18 December 2013). "Mollah execution row: Pakistan stresses Bangladesh to avoid conflict". The Nation (Karachi: The Nation). http://www.nation.com.pk/islamabad/18-Dec-2013/mollah-execution-row-pakistan-stresses-bangladesh-to-avoid-conflict.
- "Bangladeshi protesters burn Pakistan flag, Imran Khan’s effigies". MSN Arabia. http://arabia.msn.com/news/world/2232746/bangladeshi-protesters-burn-pakistan-flag-imran-khans-effigies/.
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article 2013 siege of the Pakistani embassy in Dhaka, that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.