Software reversing, Internet Anonymity, Internet Security
+Greythorne worked with Fravia, his partner and another +HCU founder, on reverse engineering topics and internet privacy & security. See +Greythorne's Privacy Nexus. Tools used included debuggers, deadlisting tools, assemblers and disassemblers.
The +HCU was the only resource of its kind, founded by +ORC in 1995 and has been the inspiration and starting point for untold numbers of students in reverse engineering and computer information security fields in all corners of the globe.
In addition to working with the +HCU, he wrote and published many tutorials to train newer users how to get into the field of Reverse Engineering under the title "Assembly and Cracking from the Ground Up." One such article in the series is on the topic of How to set up SoftIce, a software debugging program.
One of Greythorne's original programming contributions to the world of reverse engineering in the 1990s was his symbiote -- a handy tool that allowed programmers to add functionality to other programs. The symbiote was written in TASM (Borland's Turbo Assembler) and the full source was provided by +Greythorne. Other programmers followed with versions written for Windows applications. Quoted by another +HCU member, +Mammon_: "Greythorne the Technomancer, whose Symbiote program is not only an excellent cracking tool, but a perfectly-commented example for learning assembly language."
- http://davide.eynard.it/malawiki/HcuStory Article about +HCU and +gthorne "another mighty reverser"
- http://www.home.aone.net.au/~byzantium/lost.html +ORC hints that he knows the identities of +gthorne and Fravia
- http://servv89pn0aj.sn.sourcedns.com/~gbpprorg/2600/ "Clampdown" Article Archives $2600 Magazine Volume 15, Number 1 (Spring 1998)
- http://acrigs.com/FRAVIA/greysice.htm Greythorne's List of SoftIce Breakpoints
- http://www.woodmann.com/fravia/links.htm "Cast" (Founding) members and contributors to the +HCU
- http://gthorne.reteam.org/ +Greythorne's Privacy Nexus
- http://www.woodmann.com/fravia/orc1.htm History of First Contact with Fravia and the Old Red Cracker
- http://www.woodmann.com/krobar/beginner/03.htm Greythorne's Article on How to set up SoftIce (for Beginners)
- http://www.gladerebooted.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2363 Fravia's Last Challenge
- http://eidanyoson.8k.com/xelemental.htm Greythorne's Tutoriales de Assembly y cracking básico (Spanish Translation)
- http://eidan.ar.tripod.com/assemg1.htm Greythorne's Binary and Hexadecimal Number System Guide (Spanish Translation)
- http://computer-programming-forum.com/46-asm/0c3f575642bb9167.htm Adding code to programs with TASM
+ORC Cracking Tutorial Archives (Including work by +gthorne and fravia+)
- http://www.geocities.ws/macjesusc/ocr/howto41.html WLCheck Lesson (Greythorne and Fravia)
- http://www.geocities.ws/macjesusc/ocr/howto42.html Microsoft Lesson (Fravia)
| This article uses material from the Wikipedia article +Greythorne the Technomancer (+gthorne), that was deleted or is being discussed for deletion, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.